New camera platform to hide propellers?

Reaction score
I've wondered if there is any way to modify the Vision+ so I don't see propellers in the videos, or so I see them less often.
I can't just lower the camera angle because most of my flying is done in high mountains where you need to have the camera all the way up to see the horizon.
I've tried going slower, not flying into the wind, or even shooting a video while flying backward and then reversing the video so it looks like I'm going forward, but haven't been totally happy with any of these options. I personally think it's a design flaw, and am curious to see how other have dealt with it.

I've wondered about building a 1/2 inch platform that would go between the plastic phantom body and the aluminum plate that holds the camera. The camera would hang down lower, so I'd have to figure out something for lower landing gear.

Any thoughts appreciated.

You can buy extended landing gear to give you more ground clearance after you lower the camera. I would be interested in seeing a picture of your solution after you install it.

The landing gear isnt his problem at all, it the front 2 props so yes in theory dropping the camera and gimble should work. If I was to do it myself I'd say it might take an inch of dropping which could easily be done with 4 cylindrical buffers to go between the top plate and undercarriage. I mount a lot of lcd Tv's on wall and a few different size buffers like that always come with the bracket. They are hard plastic which might add to jello but if you get 8 rubber washers for either end of the buffers I dont see it wont work. Of course then the length of the landing skids would come into play and I'm sure something could be made up easy enough even strapped on with cable ties as it would only need to be for taking off, you can always hand catch. Hope you get what I mean, any issues let me know. I'll try get one of those buffers out of my van and put up a pick in the morning. I'm on the beer now so it'll have to wait ;)

I dont mind the props at all, I like it as it gives it some kind of definition to how the footage is being taken so I like the quirkiness and character it provides.

I can also see why those on the opposite side of the fence dont want it, but im not a photographic purist.

:D

You can lower it. all you need is to extend the cables and the supports.
It will alter the center of gravity a little bit, but I think it will fly terribly.
I like the letterbox effect anyway, so I go with that most of the times.
Also, my favorite shot are slow shots, so you rarely see the props.
But yes, its a problem.

I would try taking the rubber shocks and using rubber glue to stack a set and glue them. Then using plasttic the wrap let it be the safety in all four corners. Don't tighten to tight just snug. That should give you enough drop to almost eliminate all the prop views. If you are careful you can break the silicone glue that is on the cable right behind the USB assistant connector. Working the slack down from the main board you will probably just be able to keep the camera/gimbal connections. May be worth a try. There are taller landing gear available on eBay.

I would try taking the rubber shocks and using rubber glue to stack a set and glue them. Then using plasttic the wrap let it be the safety in all four corners. Don't tighten to tight just snug. That should give you enough drop to almost eliminate all the prop views. If you are careful you can break the silicone glue that is on the cable right behind the USB assistant connector. Working the slack down from the main board you will probably just be able to keep the camera/gimbal connections. May be worth a try. There are taller landing gear available on eBay.
That does not sound like a good idea.. It would wiggle like crazy.
Just use some mount extenders to extended the screw holes further down., and use the original support system. all you need then is to extend all the wires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers