New Camera Binding Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping someone else would have experienced this problem I have with binding a replacement camera to the wireless repeater. I followed the binding process as per the manual exactly but it all goes pear shaped at the end.

I received a replacement camera from DJI and they sent me a new QR code based on pictures I sent them of my repeater, camera and Phantom body.

It all seems to work fine except at the last step. When I scan the QR code it comes up with SSID and MAC Address, press the blue accept button and the response from the App is "Pairing Successes" (I know bad English).

The repeater then reboots itself as expected but after that nothing works. The repeater appears to start up but is no longer broadcasting its SSID so I can't connect to it with my phone. The light on the repeater is flashing slowly green as if its ready to pair again. The only way I can get it to talk to me again is to press the reset button on the repeater. It restarts then starts broadcasting so I can connect. The binding configuration in the app shows N/A so obviously it failed.

Is this simply an incorrect QR code or has anyone else experienced this problem and can attribute it to another reason? I have of course emailed back my dealer and they have sent the problem to DJI. If I get a solution from DJI I will post it in case anyone else has this problem.

Cheers

I have had my PV2 for 5 days, did all the software upgrades when I unboxed. Setup my Iphone 5 as the link. repeater worked great for the first 10 minutes of flight. Now I have the same trouble you have with the wifi dropping out. I can turn everything on and be 5 feet away from the PV2 will get a wifi connection and start the software on my phone and can see and operate the Camera. Two minutes later still standing 5 feet away I loose the wifi sig.

Well after much pulling of hair I finally got it to pair and this also maybe part of your problem with the WiFi dropping out. Basically the problem was that I was too close. That is my repeater, phantom and phone where all on my table together. This resulted in wireless signal black spots.

I should kick myself because I have been working IT for 20 odd years and have often come cross this problem.

After putting some separation between the repeater, phantom and phone it worked perfectly.

Of course now I think the battery in my repeater is dying.

Big thanks to Perth RC who sold me the unit for outstanding customer service. It was interesting to hear from them as a distributor that DJI customer service is the worst they have ever seen from all the manufacturers they deal with.

Thanks for the rely Simon. I thought the same thing. But, I still have issues at 50'. No wifi, Did talk to customer service and they said to send the unit complete back for an exchange. I was wondering if anybody else's Phantom came boxed with the strips and landing pads and logo stickers already on the Phantom? The video shows you can put your own color on and the pads are installed after you unbox it. Surely they wouldn't have sent me a repaired or used Phantom 2 Vision at that price!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic