New camera, bad video quality

Reaction score
If this was the video quality you were getting, what is the first things you would do to remedy it?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Pleas ignore the guy at the end.

1. Don't upload to YouTube without looking carefully at your settings
2. Look carefully at your settings
3. Are you getting the video from the SD card (correct) or the Go App (incorrect, it's 720)
4. Don't move around so much, go much slower. You are not going to get good video zooming around like a little bird.

4. Don't move around so much, go much slower. You are not going to get good video zooming around like a little bird.
The video quality is the same regardless even in a motionless hover.
Thanks, though.

The video quality is the same regardless even in a motionless hover.
Thanks, though.

He was giving you helpful advice in case you didn't know. How dare you disregard a friendly helping hand.

For that I'm not going to tell you how to correct your issue which is quite common. Good luck!!!

Reactions: Banderboy
You know that menu button above the picture/ video selector? I don't have it. Instead there's an icon of a mask that takes me to vr settings. How do I get my menu button back?

I don't recall any VR settings on the DJI Go app. Perhaps a screenshot of what you're seeing?

You know that menu button above the picture/ video selector? I don't have it. Instead there's an icon of a mask that takes me to vr settings. How do I get my menu button back?

Ok, I reinstalled Go. The button is back. Now I can deal with the settings.

I don't recall any VR settings on the DJI Go app. Perhaps a screenshot of what you're seeing?

This is what it looked like before I reinstalled. See the little mask, top right?

Attachments

• capture-20160618-150955.png
    capture-20160618-150955.png
    677.4 KB · Views: 426
Now I'm confused. That doesn't look like the DJI Go app.... But your settings are probably in the menu accessed by the icon with the lines and dots (supposedly representing adjustment sliders, I hate icons.....).

But again, lets back up a second to make sure we aren't missing obvious things -

- What P3, platform (iOS, Android), are you downloading the vids from the card and what settings are you actually running?

Now I'm confused. That doesn't look like the DJI Go app.... But your settings are probably in the menu accessed by the icon with the lines and dots (supposedly representing adjustment sliders, I hate icons.....).

But again, lets back up a second to make sure we aren't missing obvious things -

- What P3, platform (iOS, Android), are you downloading the vids from the card and what settings are you actually running?

Yeah, it's weird- I only ever had Go and Litchi. AFA my previous settings, I changed them all once I got my menu button back. Android, and my vid was from the card. Having reset the settings I'm going to shoot a new vid soon and see what's what.

Wow. Maybe you have a new stealth beta or something..... Could that be Litchi?

And one other question - we are presuming that video on your own computer (from the card) looks the same? YouTube can really trash video if you don't set it up right.

Wow. Maybe you have a new stealth beta or something..... Could that be Litchi?

And one other question - we are presuming that video on your own computer (from the card) looks the same? YouTube can really trash video if you don't set it up right.

No settings I make are improving the video quality. It's getting frustrating. Nothing is making a difference.:(

Can you post some samples to Dropbox or similar? That would allow us to look at the native files.

And speaking of that, what exactly are your settings.

Resolution is 640x480@25
You have your resolution to low. You can tell by the small box frame while it is playing in youtube. The video has a thick black border around it.
You can right click on the youtube video and select stats for nerds, then compare that to another phantom 3 video.

Can you post some samples to Dropbox or similar? That would allow us to look at the native files.

And speaking of that, what exactly are your settings.

These are the settings I used today with similar crappy results. Even tried a different sd card.

3840x2160/24fps
mp4
ntsc
white balance auto
standard style
d-log
iso 100
shutter 50

That should work. Next stupid question (it's caught people before). You did remove the plastic protective skin from the lens .....

And make sure your sharpness / contrast / saturation are set to zero.

Last edited:
This is not what you are uploading to youtube. I think you are uploading the live feed, not what the camera records.
That's what I thought. I'd like to see what the card files look like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan