Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New brushless gimbal

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Denverwetbiker, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Denverwetbiker

Just running a test of the new gimbal on the quad copter, let me know what you think. Its getting smoother. I shot it in the trees to point out how smooth it is....not bad for a $150 gimbal I think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pgQmps1OeM

2. mnuser

What mount did you buy? Buying a gimbal mount this week. Looking at the Tarot. You video was smooth. Was the gimbal easy to hook up and run?

3. Denverwetbiker

Here's a link to the same one I bought.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321220850968?ss ... 1436.l2649

Very easy to hook up, and I used the acc. power lead inside the phantom to power it. It doesn't come with the connection to manually tilt up and down but shows you where to install it on the board. I will be doing that after I get a FPV transmitter.

4. syotr

The Ebay ad shows the weight as 400g. Is that correct? it seems high compared to others.

5. Denverwetbiker

You know what, I never even thought about checking that. I changed from a ContourGPS camera (heavier) to a GoPro3 silver and I get a little longer flight time so I'm happy.

6. miskatonic

400g! That thing is twice the weight of the Tarot gimbal and 1/3 of the weight of the Phantom. For that amount of weight you are looking at a flight time reduction of 2-3 minutes.

7. Denverwetbiker

It can't be that heavy, I still get 9 min of flight time even at 5300 ft. Maybe I will have to take it off and find out how heavy it is...

8. martcerv

Is this the same guy. :lol:

Has his typical delusions at the end so it must be but I swear I thought you never weighed anything or cared about the weight as its not relevant.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3489&start=10

Unlike JSG seems to think weight isnt an issue with a phantom it can only lift so much so if you go for extras that are too heavy you will sacrifice a lot in flight time. Though it depends on which JSG that is as sometimes weight is an issue and other times its not. But he is a forum troll 90% of the time so at least that is consistant with him if nothing else.

9. martcerv

Is this the same guy. :lol:

Has his typical delusions at the end so it must be but I swear I thought you never weighed anything or cared about the weight as its not relevant.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3489&start=10

Unlike JSG seems to think weight isnt an issue with a phantom it can only lift so much so if you go for extras that are too heavy you will sacrifice a lot in flight time. Though it depends on which JSG that is as sometimes weight is an issue and other times its not. But he is a forum troll 90% of the time so at least that is consistant with him if nothing else.

If you get good stable shots and flight time is enough for you as is flying performance then your all good.