New Branch of FAA for Drones/UAV?

Reaction score
if you haven't read it yet I suggest you do. The AMA has released a critique of sorts on the bad publicity of drones/UAV.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/gov/docs/AMAAnalysis-Closer-Look-at-FAA-Drone-Data_091415.pdf

I was photographing a property today and the owner was a retired commercial pilot and avid model aircraft flyer. he recently acquired a P3A and caught me by surprise when he asked me "Do you drone?!". I got a kick out of that and we naturally got the conversation started as I shot and his point became clear. The FAA is an "old-school" government agency that hasn't grown in terms of thought over the decades in existence. After referring to the article a handful of times he said the conclusion became clear. The FAA should make a smaller branch specifically for Drones/UAV's. The FAA has enough on its plate and has routines and protocols that are pretty much set in stone, anything that varies from that is foreign to them and naturally like any bureaucratic entity, it will take a long time to adjust to this new (much lower) airspace being inundated with hobbyist and commercial UAV pilots alike. putting the thought out there as I think this could be a beneficial conversation to have. As always, happy flying and stay up!

Reactions: unclejas

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj