New black pearl setup

Reaction score
Have my first FPV with my new immersion patch antenna. It is awesome, the range is a noticeable difference compare to 2 spirant setup I had before. Worth the money for sure.

A8413347-7B16-43CC-9CEC-1EED4A77EC92_2.jpg

D13129BF-7BE3-4A10-97B1-34954BA48E01.jpg

How directional is that flat plate antenna?
Not seen that one before.

Ezookiel said:
How directional is that flat plate antenna?
Not seen that one before.

The patch antenna is awesome with range, but it is directional, so you have to point that to the phantom. 700m away and 150m vertically away from me, still gave me very clear signal.

The panel has a 30 degree spread.

I just got one of them and tried it out last week on a quick test run on a p2 with fpv set up i just finished building. At 106meters high I went out to about 1600m before the video was breaking up so bad it became hard to see. I thought it was pretty freaking awesome. esp Considering it was pretty low for being that far out and in an urban environment with lots of buildings around.

I cant wait to try it in a nice open area

I have an FPVLR 5 coil helical. Any idea how this would compare to that? It certainly looks more robust than the helical which is difficult to store safely in the case without risk of bending the wire coils.

Ezookiel said:
I have an FPVLR 5 coil helical. Any idea how this would compare to that? It certainly looks more robust than the helical which is difficult to store safely in the case without risk of bending the wire coils.

From what I read and watch online, patch antenna will give you more range compare to a helical. But the signal angle is more directional and narrower with the patch.

Thanks for that. I actually like the helical as it gives you something to aim. The patch could feel more difficult to aim accurately as it hasn't got something to point.
I mostly like the patch for how much more robust it looks being a sealed unit.

I broke my monitor mount the day I tried the two receiver-side FPVLR antennae - (a 5 coil helical and the clover-leaf?) - paired with the Spironet on the bird, which seemed to work the best I've ever had, and got 750m crystal clear, and could have gone further for sure, but didn't need to at that time, but the broken mount meant I haven't been able to do a proper test since. I don't need much more than probably 1km or so, I get too nervous once it's beyond that anyway, but I do need clean clear video (and I get it) but also need robust, as the antennae do tend to rattle around a bit inside the carry case. I'd definitely feel less worried about damage if the wire loops weren't so exposed.

that system would never stand up to the Premium combo 5.8ghz performance, both on image clarity and range.

I'd like to see the image quality at 5km distance

Well I can definitely say even if you could get that kind of range out of the spiral net panel the image clarity on the black pearl is pretty crappy to begin with even when its got a good signal.

Tho the spiralnet is "claiming"it can go 8km plus with even a 25mw video transmitter. But Id imagine even if there is any truth to the claim it would probably also need a immersion rc receiver and probably a better monitor to even be able to see the picture at that range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj