New Bird....NO FPV...BLACK SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, despite my better judgement...I talked the wife into letting me get a new bird (based on the hope that DJI will take care of me on the first one (see my post entitled "Bird Down!")). Ordered it from Drone Fly.

Opened the box. Got everything out. Charged all batteries. Turned everything on per the instructions. Down loaded/updated both the controller and the PV+. Turned everything back off after the update. Powered everything back up again to the instructions and SOB.....the screen on my iphone 5 is black. I can adjust the camera with the on screen controls, can even take photos and video....BUT the screen is black and I do not have FPV.

So....I deleted the app on the iphone. Did a master reset. Re-downloaded it. Still nothing. Then I downloaded it onto my ipad mini and tried it again. Same results. Needless to say, I'm F*&%$#!@ PISSED!

I have completely and totally lost all hope in DJI. These people have serious QC issues.

Any ideas on how to get my blood pressure back into the normal range....cause right now I feel like I'm going to have blood shooting from my eyeballs and stroke out!

OFFTOSLEEP

I have had those kinds of issues with version 1.0.40 of the android app. I downgraded back to 1.0.39 and problem solved, but I don't know if the same problems exist with the iphone app.

Since it's an iphone...not sure...but hopefully someone else will chime in with some good info!

HarleyRed said:
I have had those kinds of issues with version 1.0.40 of the android app. I downgraded back to 1.0.39 and problem solved, but I don't know if the same problems exist with the iphone app.

Downgrading to 1.0.39 worked for me too (Android). Find and use a cheap android phone while DJI fixes the ios app!

My first bird worked fine. Nothing has changed at all. That's why I'm so miffed/disappointed/pissed!

Hello All,

This also happened for me while between flights. I made no changes besides changing the battery while using an Iphone 5. My blood is also boiling since I have only gotten 8 flights in!! If someone can figure out a solution to the iphone please share it as I will also be informing DJI to Fix themselves. So I did email DJI and Here is a copy of the response:

Dear Sir,

You might need to send in the unit for service.

Please contact your dealer as a first option for any repair issue.

Otherwise, or DJI.com is your dealer, please kindly contact the support center nearest to you:
http://www.dji.com/support

In case China is the nearest, you might just directly courier it with a note describing your problem clearly as well as your contact information
to the following address:

DJI Innovations
Unit 1006-7, C-Bons International Center,
108 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon,
Hong Kong
00852-24873091
(P.S. IRENE IS For postal info. ONLY, any questions please feel free to communicate with me)

The cost would be informed after we run a through check of your unit.
It might take a couple of weeks to fix allowing for the transportation time and customs clearance as well as local weather conditions.

Please make sure you understand our return policy,
For more after-sale service info, please refer to : http://www.dji.com/service

Please do not try to fix it by yourself and we don't supply any parts & components for a replacement by user.

Please feel free to contact for any further information.

Thanks & Best Regards.

I am so disgusted with DJI! An email like that makes me feel as though I did something wrong and they will charge me to fix it. The only mistake I made was purchasing a DJI product and then being dumb enough to break the seal and open the **** box!

I hear you, the response from the email made it sound like I wrecked the phantom when I haven't. I am like you, I have only pulled it out of the box a hand full of times and for the amount paid for it you think good communication would be part of owning the product. I hope this is resolved soon.

I installed the app on an android phone and it also did the same exact thing. It was version 1.0.39.

Spoke with DJI Tech Support today and they offered the following solutions while they are tracking the issue.
Support said that people need to call in with the issue and you will be added to a list of people and assigned a ticket number while to show the amount of affected users and put additional emphasis on the issue.

He explained it is a high volume of data being transmitted and the app is being overloaded with the video feed resorting in FPV being cut off.

1. Try using the iphone in airplane mode with wifi on (connected to phantom)
2. On an android OS try version 1.0.37 as all others are known to be affected.
3. last resort try iOS version 1.0.32 as it is known to work until a update is released.

The solutions haven't worked for me.

Does anyone know how to download iOS version 1.0.32? I do not know how.

Best of luck.

Hi mate,

I have the same issue - except mine started happening after 4 successful flights.

Not convinced it is app related because it doesn't work on 2 iphones and an ipad, nor on a Galaxy S2.

I went to Droneslinger and downloaded the 1.39 version for android and that did not fix my problem. So i still have no image and the lady assigned to Australia for tech support is away for some annual Dragon Boat Festival LOL!

Pretty pathetic - I am far from impressed.

The only saviour i think will be if they release a new version of the app AND new drone/controller software. Just the app is not the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik