Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced New Battery Won't come out???

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by MrJoe, Sep 2, 2015.

1. MrJoe

I just bought a new battery from helidirect and I put the battery in to do the firmware update on it and when I was done I tried removing the battery and it won;t come out and is stuck. The bottom button pushes in but the top one will not push in...I called helidirect and they said I had to contact DJI directly....WTF??? Can anyone help me with this issue....Helidirect sold me a crap battery now I am screwed and have a paper weight here...thanks for any advice.

Update...I had to use a small screw driver to get it out. The top button on the top does not even push in at all...I called helidirect hopefully they make this right..

#1 MrJoe, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    bobmyers likes this.
  2. robsquad

try this

VAIL8150 and littlesister36 like this.
  3. RoyVa

image.jpg At the far end of the battery there are two slots, one on each side. Put a little silicone grease, just a dab, in each slot and it will ease the removal also. The slot closed to the bottom.

MrJoe likes this.
  4. Jameswalkmd

Just got my backordered battery from Drones Ect. after a 7 week wait and mine does the exact same thing!

5. MrJoe

Jeez...this does not sound good. I was able to contact Helidirect today and they are going to replace the defective battery...but the way it is looking is that these batteries are defective from the factory. So their entire inventory might be garbage. Great waste of my time and money.

6. mbrassette

Got one too.

7. Mordor

Reading this....my baterie gets a little more difficult to remove.....
    Maybe due the heat and expansion....

brianjthomas80 likes this.
  8. J.James

my new ones are also harder to get out and also harder to get in as well. I have to give it a bit of a slap to get it to click in to place. BUT I actually like it being I helps make sure its in place and not going to go any ware when flying.

robsquad likes this.
  9. VAIL8150

Thanks for the quick lesson in battery removal....the two hand approached worked perfectly!