New Battery..Update?

Reaction score
Do I need to update the battery before first flight? Running 1.5 and iOS DJI 2.4. I'm afraid to fly with an outdated battery and not looking forward to updating the bird to 1.6. Unless someone has 1.4 available as I think that was the last battery update?
Let me know thanks

There is no battery update in 1.5. I think you should upgrade or downgrade though since 1.5 is not a safe firmware to use.

You can find it here.

so to confirm, I only have to update this battery while downgrading my bird this once as all my other batteries are still riding that 1.4 wave.

I don't think you can downgrade batteries. I was referring to not using 1.5 on your bird.

Reactions: dirtybum
got that 100%. my concern was for a brand new battery and updating it to the highest available firmware before 1.6. with your advice i decided to also downgrade the bird to 1.4.

For brand new batteries, put the BIN you last installed on your bird in the root of your memory card. When you start up your Phantom with the new battery, it'll install the firmware if needed.

There is no battery update in 1.5. I think you should upgrade or downgrade though since 1.5 is not a safe firmware to use.

There should be nothing wrong with 1.5 as long as the user updates to 1.6 and then updates each battery. Then the user can return to 1.5 and it should be good to go.

There should be nothing wrong with 1.5 as long as the user updates to 1.6 and then updates each battery. Then the user can return to 1.5 and it should be good to go.

Already downgraded to 1.4 all batteries same since that was the most I'd updated and 1.5 didn't have battery update. Not really trying to get into 1.6 just yet as I was quite pleased with 1.4 to begin with. Just wondering if I should calibrate IMU considering it's a downgrade. I have a very specific spot to calibrate and it takes a little bit of set up, but if it's not necessary it'd be great to know. Thanks

Whenever you change the FW - up or down, it's always advisable to perform an IMU calibration, so yes

Also despite what you read it's in my opinion based on my conversation with repair technician at DJI California that you update your batteries to 1.6 , my take from the conversation was that the whole reason for 1.6 was mostly for the battery update and I'm not trusting that 1.4 has your batteries in their proper condition. So I suggest to anybody who doesn't want to upgrade whether it be from 1.19 to 1.5.3 or anywhere in between that they at least find somebody who's on 1.6 and have them update the batteries for them

Reactions: Justin Namon
Where can i see the firmware that is in use by the battery in the Phantom?

I have two new batteries. I did put the firmware in the root and go through the update process. Copter went through its update returned a something like no changes firmware is the same as update... I then swapped in the two batteries per the instruction.

Is it possible to see the current firmware on the respective batteries somewhere in the app?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20