Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Battery, Old firmware

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Pharkas, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Pharkas

I'm using 1.5.3. I just purchased a new battery and the GoApp says I need to updated the firmware of the battery. I don't have the 1.5.3 file to update the battery. Am I still able to download 1.5.3 onto a microsd from somewhere so I can update the battery? I don't want to update the firmware of the aircraft or controller if I don't have to.

2. Kemosabi

I'm wondering the same thing, w purchase a new battery, does it update upon putting in p3 p? Is there a procedure for this.
    New to Dji's ,
    Thank u

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

I have old versions of the firmware linked here:
    FYI, firmware 1.5 is not safe to use. It contains a bug that can allow your battery to shut off mid-flight.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

The firmware will only be installed on your battery if the BIN is still in the root of your memory card when you start your Phantom.

5. Pharkas

What version should I use? should I downgrade to 1.4? I downloaded the 1.5 firmware and put the Bin on a micoSd. I put the micro sd in the camera slot and installed the new battery. The go app is still saying I need to update the firmware on my new battery? My two old batteries say they are up to date. Do I need to down grade everything to 1.4 and do all the batteries at once one after another?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

The DJI GO app will alert you if the batteries need to be updated. If you do not see a message, then they are fine as-is.

phantomgaz5 likes this.
  7. phantomgaz5

Thanks for the achive msinger. Just what I wanted