New battery not working

Reaction score
I just got a new battery for my 2 month old DJI phantom 2. I charged the new battery and put it in and all I get is solid red back lights. It still works with the old battery fine. I haven't connected it to the naza software because I have Linux on my computer and it doesn't seem to be compatible.

Sorry if this question has been answered already I'm new to all of this

Thanks

You may have one of the very latest revisions of firmware on the new battery and not useing a ver of the phantoms naza firmware that came out after the battery. which older naza software will not recognize the newest battery's firmware. So you very well may need to find a pc that you can update the naza firmware and also probably the main boards latest vershion for it to be able to recognize the battery.

The Phantom Assistant software is definitely not available for Linux. Try upgrading your firmware in the Phantom Assistant on a Mac/Windows computer. Perhaps the latest battery firmware will resolve the issue. And, if the latest version is currently installed, then try reinstalling it.

Yeah you'll need to hook it up to the software and update the battery, I had the same issue with a new battery last month. Opened battery to find a slip with a warning to update, put battery in phantom to test, wouldn't power up and software read it as non-official battery. After update, battery was recognised as official but when I went to fly it on a full charge the battery would not provide full thrust - flashing red lights on phantom - landed immediately. I drained battery completely, dead as a very dead thing and charged it again. Battery works fine now.

Thanks, so the software update worked and the now I have two working batteries.
Now my next issue is that the NAZM-M V2 software will not communicate with the phantom, The regular assistant software works fine, that is how I got the second battery to work. I would like to test the IOC features include with. But when ever I try to boot the NAZA-M V2 software it gets stuck at this screen, I don't think its the drivers because it works fine with the assistant program, any ideas?

You dont use the naza-m v2 software. Only the phantom assistant. When in the phantom assistant, enable Naza mode by clicking the word phantom, top right and then ioc stuff becomes available. Tick box to turn ioc on and then set ioc stuff up.

Thanks that work great. I just took it for a test flight with home lock and course lock, its so much fun flying in a straight line spinning around. Thanks again for your help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1