New battery issue

Reaction score
Has anybody seen this? Just got my vision and updated the firmware. After the update the vision set off red light blinking alarms indicating an error. Assumed an update error but my computer (software assistant) said I did not have an intelligent battery. Not gonna fly this thing til I hear more.

Have you definitely finished the update process and updated ALL the firmware that is available for update on your Assistant? Half way through the full update process you'll get the error, then when you continue through it will clear as the further updates are loaded. You need to finish the update process, it's part of a critical fix to battery issues that cropped up in the first-delivered models due to issues with the battery data pins and contact pads.

You're right, I did recheck and reran the program and got a finished update successful update message. Still one thing bothers me, when i power up, I get 2 flashes from the red lights with an 2 blast from the alarm. Is this normal?

During the upgrade processes you get beeping to indicate the firmware is writing - I guess it's a "don't turn me off" kind of thing. In normal operation, when turned on you should get a musical up scale, followed by three beeps. During that the front LEDs will flash a couple of times while the back ones cycle through the three colours for a short while (this is the boot-up sequence). After that your indications will be different depending on whether you are in Vision or NAZA mode as the aircraft tries to acquire satellites, but the standard Vision LED codes are on the crib card that came with your transmitter.

(Oh, and always remember to turn the transmitter on first, then the aircraft - reverse this to switch off.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen