New Battery Firmware Hell

Reaction score
I updated all my firmwares on my P2 (NV) including the batteries. This new auto drain feature although great in theory is causing my fully charged batteries to drop to 78% in 3 day's. My batteries are all less than 3 months old.

I had a video project out in the desert where I did not have access to AC or DC power to charge the batteries. How is one supposed to pack their gear for shooting in remote locations and still have fully charged batteries after a few days?

I thought it was supposed to start it's drain process after 10 days.

i think that works only when 10 days have passed. do not press the button or the clock starts ticking again

don't think i've ever had a battery over 90% since the auto-drain feature, & i normally charge them the night before flying

p fandango said:
don't think i've ever had a battery over 90% since the auto-drain feature, & i normally charge them the night before flying

I'm going to fully charge a battery, pop it in the Phantom, See what the voltage and % shows, Remove the battery, let it sit overnight, pop it back in the Phantom and see what voltage and % readings i get. If i'm not too lazy I will test it again after 2 days.

I heard somewhere that pushing the button resets the clock. Dunno if it's true. Let me know what you find out.

BTW, I thought you jumped ship.

ianwood said:
I heard somewhere that pushing the button resets the clock. Dunno if it's true. Let me know what you find out.

BTW, I thought you jumped ship.

Nope!
I never sold the P2
But I did sell the Sky Hero.

I can't seem to find any DJI Documentation about resetting the clock or when the Batteries actually start discharging.

Xrover said:
p fandango said:

I'm going to fully charge a battery, pop it in the Phantom, See what the voltage and % shows, Remove the battery, let it sit overnight, pop it back in the Phantom and see what voltage and % readings i get. If i'm not too lazy I will test it again after 2 days.
Hay xrover,
Cureous what your tests will reveille.

Something does not sound right. I charged one updated of mine and waited 13 days. 10 Days to get discharge to start working and three to wait. On 13 day battery had two lights and third blinking. Did not check %. So mine worked as advertised or has been discussed.

I think I got my batteries mixed up and thought I had charged a couple when I must not have. I have 7 Batteries total. I charged them all to full and checked them after 2 days. They are holding charge so This thread can be deleted. (Yes, I have all my batteries numbered) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers