New battery firmware destroyed my original DJI battery

Reaction score
I have three original DJI batteries. I upgraded the firmware on the first two, and while upgrading the third one, an error popped up at 81% that the upgrade process has failed. And now I have the issue as shown below, and the motors will not start, with that specific battery.

I tried running the firmware upgrade again, but the same error pops up saying that the firmware upgrade has failed. Currently I am draining the battery in an attempt to "reset" it perhaprs, and I have also cleaned the small square contacts, to no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,125
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1,239
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,417
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,146
No idea on that issue, I would either contact DJI support or post it to their forum.

Regards, Gerd

aristosv said:
I dont think those are real values. The battery is not detected correctly.

That seems clear by the two LEDs shown in your picture. Those two are used to indicate the battery firmware update. If they're still like that then yep, problem.

I got a same issue with Phantom2
I fixed issue below followings
1. Disconnected gimbal cable
2. Re try upgrade battery firmware.

idevsk said:

Much thanks for this. Also had this issue. Thought I bricked it. Just to clarify, the cable you need to remove is the smallest clip that's easiest to remove without even taking off the whole camera unit.

Cheers.

idevsk said:

Then there is some truth maybe to that warning that people have been getting to turn off camera before battery upgrade!!! Everybody said it should just be ignored for p2v+.
Can someone please post a photo where exactly should that gimbal cable be disconnected? Or can the camera really be turned off in any way?

Nathan Carter said:
Then there is some truth maybe to that warning that people have been getting to turn off camera before battery upgrade!!! Everybody said it should just be ignored for p2v+.

I simply hit "YES". All of 5 of my packs updated fine on my P2V+.

Well I had the same problem last night, today the battery upgraded and works fine.

Difference, I upgraded my firmware to 3.4 but the connected to the P2V+ with version 3.2 and upgraded all 3 batteries no problem. the corrupt battery took 2 minutes but the other 2 where done in 30 seconds.

Hi please, battery firmware is updated automatically after upgrade to v3.08 or is it some other process? If yes How do I upgrade.Thanx

No, battery fw is not automatically upgrded after upgrading to v3.08.
Go to page 'upgrade' within the assitant. On that page you find the possibility to update the battery fw. Beware however! ... only upgrade dji batteries from later version!

Have a question. Do I have to upgrade the battery firmware? what if I don't do it?

No yali there is neccessity to upgrade . But fot the rght batteries the upgrade would prevent battery damage during storage over more weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj