New batteries, No go!

Reaction score
just purchased 2 new batteries to take the place of 2 puffy ones of 14 months. All works fine with the old batts, but when I try the new ones I get solid red on rear LED,s . It this an issue of updating the batteries? I,m running older firmware of 3.06 . If so can I update just the battery, as this baby has not had any issues of performance. (I,d like to keep it that way) Thanks

Did you charge the new batteries? Did you check them out with phantom asst?
I did charge them, they seemed to charge like normal. When I looked at them in assistant it gives (percent of charge 0%) cell 1, 2, 3 all 0mV That doesent seem right

No, it doesn't seem right at all. It sounds like you have two bad batteries. You should return them. Don't make the mistake of trying to fly with them because if I was a betting man, I'd put cash on the chance that they will shut down without warning at 400 feet altitude.

No, it doesn't seem right at all. It sounds like you have two bad batteries. You should return them. Don't make the mistake of trying to fly with them because if I was a betting man, I'd put cash on the chance that they will shut down without warning at 400 feet altitude.
I called dji and she said update the controller firmware to 3.08 then update battery,,,,,Make sence?

For the Phantom 2 series there are no longer any battery firmware updates. Check the heck the battery serial numbers and see if it starts with DJI which indicates it's a real DJI stock battery. You may have an after market battery and it may have issues. Some after markets are fine and other have problems. Looking on the posts it seems to be 50/50 chances of good over bad or bad over good.

For the Phantom 2 series there are no longer any battery firmware updates. Check the heck the battery serial numbers and see if it starts with DJI which indicates it's a real DJI stock battery. You may have an after market battery and it may have issues. Some after markets are fine and other have problems. Looking on the posts it seems to be 50/50 chances of good over bad or bad over good.
Thats interesting since I ordered it through DJI, it does not have the DJI prefix, go figure. Thanks for the reply

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj