new at this and need HELP phantom2

Reaction score
Ok I just bought a phantom2 just basic no cam . Do I need to plug it in to my computer to get r.t.h to work I have calibrated it I hope as I am color blind so its had to see the differents in lights thanks dji :shock: . What do I do now ? Turn it on and go ?

Maybe have someone standing by you when you launch to ensure you have the green lights on. If you cannot see these colors, I'd suggest putting a design like a square painted on the back side so you can tell at a distance what your orientation is.

RTH should work even without hooking up the computer, it's enabled by default and should perform as intended as long as you waited for the Phantom to log the home position before taking off.

I'm sure it must be a pain for you trying to follow the colored LED patterns, when I first saw them I wondered how the color-blind would handle that. There are a number of aftermarket options available which can provide other methods of battery-level monitoring...from simple things such as loud buzzers that go off when the batt is low, to full On-Screen Displays that will show (among other things) how many sats are locked by the NAZA.

The other option might be to use color filters on the LED itself, to change the light to shades you can easily distinguish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31