New arrival

I too am expected to take delivery of my new P3 Advanced today.
I am a little worried/confused regarding and understanding the whole firmware situation. I at least want access to 2.7K video and the other intelligent flight features that came with that update (FW 1.4 - could be wrong?) So I am hoping that the Advanced has at least that FW installed out of the box.

Are you able to update the RC and not the quadcopter's FW? Not too sure if I will update the quadcopters FW if it comes with 1.4 and I get my 2.7K recording. Any input would be great, as I am a total newbie to the hobbie!

Any arguments NOT to update to the latest FW would also be appreciate.

Thanks in advance :)

I have been on 1.6 for 2 weeks and over 20 long flights, no issues.. Its always been stable for me

I may have been lurking for a while but there is no denying that this forum has a LONG history of Phantom 3 firmware update woes.

Evidently, you're the maverick with that factual snippet that does not care to weigh in an opinion or qualification on this topic.

So, do you own a P3A/P? What are your qualifications to give the OP advice on firmware? Your post was a just long winded dissertation on DJI customer service/software development practices. Thanks for that.

Also, your use of big words doesn't impress anybody.

-Mav

Do as you wish, it's a forum of opinion after all and I can choose not to contribute. You can't go back pre 1.5 anyway, so according to a large number of posts here on this forum your performance power has been crippled for battery cold start and conservation reasons (liability). Something DJI have not been forthcoming about disclosing! If you have read my earlier post, you would know I have a P3P that is running just fine on 1.3.20 which is a current firmware download, thank you very much.

As for my choice of vocabulary, now you're being offensive. Perhaps your written English or level of education is different where you live "Mav".

Last edited:
Clearly you have provided irrefutable proof that the current FW is garbage. Thank you for saving each and every one of us.

Chill out guys. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and the forum is an open space were you should be allowed to speak your mind, It does help to have factual evidence to back some claims up but everyone is free to have their own views an thoughts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers