New antistatic compass

Reaction score
Does the new Antistatic Compass, that the Phantom 2/Vision comes with, fit on a FC40, with Tall landing gear?

best Regards nicolai

Some thing I read last night about some one ordering one and it being attached to a leg that is an inch taller then the normal legs so it sounds like you would also have to find a set of the new phantom vision + v3 legs to be able to have both legs match up.

Even if you could upgrade to anti static compass,
You must also upgrade GPS MODULE, or it WONT WORK!
New compass plugs to motherboard, not to GPS like the old one.
I found this out the hard way! ( you might be able to solder and lengthen
The anti-static compass cable to attach to GPS module? But I have not
Tried it? I went old school ( if it ain't broke DONT FIX IT )

J Dot

J Dot said:

great info... OP ....be aware... :!:

J Dot

J Dot

Hello J Dot,

I saw a post in another thread where you have pried the case open of the anti-static compass and connected it to the original grey 5-wire cable. Could it be assumed this should work for Phantom 1 / FC40 too?

Cheers,
CM

Hello J Dot,

I saw a post in another thread where you have pried the case open of the anti-static compass and connected it to the original grey 5-wire cable. Could it be assumed this should work for Phantom 1 / FC40 too?

Cheers,
CM

Hello CM,
( UPDATE: Make sure new compass is compatible with your bird! Or it won't work at all )
I would assume so, because is does not work hooked to motherboard with 2 port GPS units. But seems to work fine hooked to GPS.

Since I've done mine, I've had NO issues( not that I had any before ) but she still flies beautifully, no major issues. Few technical issues over the years, and 1 bad battery! It's been a great bird ( p2v ) I'd say give it a try, just check that you get a good compass cal. Before you get airborne, please let us know your findings!

J Dot

Last edited:
Hello CM,
( UPDATE: Make sure new compass is compatible with your bird! Or it won't work at all )
I would assume so, because is does not work hooked to motherboard with 2 port GPS units. But seems to work fine hooked to GPS.

Since I've done mine, I've had NO issues( not that I had any before ) but she still flies beautifully, no major issues. Few technical issues over the years, and 1 bad battery! It's been a great bird ( p2v ) I'd say give it a try, just check that you get a good compass cal. Before you get airborne, please let us know your findings!

J Dot

Nice, I'll do a bit more research. The recent Phantom 1's that DJI have been offloading have been marked as 1.1.1 v2.0 and are using Phantom 2 5.8GHz TX/RX parts, so not entirely sure what is inside of them (seems to be a mishmash).

Just to clarify, the anti-static compass you used is part #DJIPVP16?

Cheers,
CM

Not sure model # but it is the one for p2v ( not plus ) plus and non plus use same compass, but legs are different shape!
I hope this works for you!

J Dot

Thanks J Dot, that certainly does help because I was wondering what the difference between the two are.

I spoke with a DJI dealer today and he said that if the original compass (aka "Part 3") for the P1 wasn't available that I should technically be able to use the P2V compass as you have done (stating they have the same connectors). However he said DJI do not recommend doing this (of course :p), and as they still have stock of the P1 compass module that I'm best to use this -- hence I've ordered the original instead for now.

I'll definitely post an update back here if I ever end up to using the P2V on the P1 so that others can be informed if it works.

Cheers,
CM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr