New antennas for the Phantom 2, P2V , FC40 external

Re: New antennas for the Phantom 2, external

I like the idea of better FPV signal, it does seem very easy to lose signal with mine. I am also a fan of out-of-the-box solutions, so if it's a set designed for P2V why are there so many meaningless (to me) options?

• Elements? Is this colour or material and what's the difference?
  • UFL pair. What are they do I need them?
  • Matched set. Whats the difference?

I have an unmodified P2V and wouldn't mind a something like this, if someone can explain it... ;)

Seahorse said:
I like the idea of better FPV signal, it does seem very easy to lose signal with mine. I am also a fan of out-of-the-box solutions, so if it's a set designed for P2V why are there so many meaningless (to me) options?

I have an unmodified P2V and wouldn't mind a something like this, if someone can explain it... ;)

+1

Seahorse said:

These antenna kits are Manufactured specially for the Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 vision, by Horizon FPV Antennas in the UK .The options are just that options, if you want to extend the range of the P2V you would need the following .

1 x BH 2.4 GHz for the extender , 1 x 2.4 GHz for the UAV
1 x BH 5.8 GHz Micro for the RC control , 1 x 5.8 SP GHz for the UAV
2 x U.fl for the UAV, 1 x U.FL for the Extender and 1 x U.fl for the RC unit.

the super kit has ALL of this , however people out there may want the antennas but not the connectors ( U.fl save a few $$$ ) as they have done the mods , so these can be de- selected of you have them.
Elements you can have copper on steel , silver on copper , gold on copper ,the gold are the most efficient obviously.
matches sets means the channels of the transmit antenna and the receive antenna are closely match for best performance
Black set or white , speaks for itself ..
All the antennas cables and patch cables are available separately . you ca upgrade to the Extreme kit but adding the correct antennas if required. Or just purchase the extreme kit in the first instance.

Sorry to be dense all I want is better wI-fi range, this appears to be for both the Phantom and the Wi-fi. Having then looked at the other P2V bundles there are more options which again are not clear to those of us that are not radio hams or ex-Royal Signals... :?

Will the controller antennas work on the fc40?
5.8ghz

Seahorse said:
Sorry to be dense all I want is better wI-fi range, this appears to be for both the Phantom and the Wi-fi. Having then looked at the other P2V bundles there are more options which again are not clear to those of us that are not radio hams or ex-Royal Signals... :?

If you just want the Wifi coverage better ( both ends of the link )
In that case just add this kit .

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... ink-kit-5/

ericdes said:
Will the controller antennas work on the fc40?
5.8ghz

Looking at that model its the same , 5.8 GHz RC control and 2.4 GHz Wifi camera so yes it will be ok.
so the same kit for the P2V can be used here .
the 5.8 GHz and the 2.4 GHz antennas will work as long as they are connected properly , there will be the need for the mod to fit the external connections like the P2V using U.fl to RP-SMA to bring out the connections to enable the better antennas t be used.
you could do the 5.8 ( rc control ) or the 2.4 ( wifi camera) or both.

Hi, do you think there would be any range improvement just by changing the transmitter/range extender side with your antennas and leaving the aircraft receiver and camera wifi as stock? Obviously changing both ends will give optimum, but I wondered if just changing the tx antenna, for example, would give a range benefit over the stock tx and leaving the aircraft receiver as-is?

Pull_Up said:
Hi, do you think there would be any range improvement just by changing the transmitter/range extender side with your antennas and leaving the aircraft receiver and camera wifi as stock? Obviously changing both ends will give optimum, but I wondered if just changing the tx antenna, for example, would give a range benefit over the stock tx and leaving the aircraft receiver as-is?

We will be conducting tests with various combinations and putting the tests up on the channel at -:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FPVtests

so keep a look out there .

Launch date is now a week earlier around the 12th March now for the 2nd batch of P2V Super kits and the extreme kit,
Happy days !!. first batch of extreme kits will start shipping this week.

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Pull_Up said:

We will be conducting tests with various combinations and putting the tests up on the channel at -:

Do you anticipate having the videos uploaded prior to the sale date of March 12th?

Before these antenna mods I was losing both tx and wifi signal at just under 1000ft in any direction

Here's my ground-end only installation of the super kit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUpYNeTwaU

Here's my ground-end only range test results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJ-ZXd3qnQ (links in description to Flytrex mission log)

I'm waiting for my Rotorpixel gimbal to arrive before mounting the aircraft-end antennas so I can work out mounting options (and take some advice on splicing into the rx antennas as they are glued in).

drew4392 said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:
Pull_Up said:

Do you anticipate having the videos uploaded prior to the sale date of March 12th?

We know the performance of the antennas and proved them at 11km some months ago , with the P2V it down to the RF power applied to them.

Pcdeveloper2014 said:
We know the performance of the antennas and proved them at 11km some months ago said:
We know you know, but I think it is more of a matter of demonstrating to the folks (most of which are probably not aware of 11km... assuming that is an event of sorts) who are considering buying this.

Also, I think the majority of people looking at this are running stock power.

drew4392 said:
Pcdeveloper2014 said:
We know the performance of the antennas and proved them at 11km some months ago said:
We know you know, but I think it is more of a matter of demonstrating to the folks (most of which are probably not aware of 11km... assuming that is an event of sorts) who are considering buying this.

Also, I think the majority of people looking at this are running stock power.

I believe i stock power for sure, use what you have more efficiently , we test at 750 microwatts at 1 km , that's around 3/4 of a milliwatt. the 11.km link was done with a frrsky rc control on 65 mW . same antennas. its what you put in ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic