Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New antenna

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by ftomas, Jul 19, 2016.

1. ftomas

Hi

Is there a antenna that gives better 5.8 freq performance but without have to mode the RC? like if i need to send it to warranty i can put the original antenna again.

Good price, better performance but just need to have the same range as the drone with 27dbm mode...

2. phxbird57

Ok I'm going to take it that you have a standard seeing the Advance or Pro does not use 5.8. To answer your question the best thing you can do with out doing any mods ( in case of warr work) would be get a wind surfer. slide on slide off. cost you maybe $10.

3. ftomas

hi, i have very few flights!! so very new to drones!
    and my longest run was 210mts!! and for now i think i will not need much more.

My intention for the future its to have identical range in booth fpv and RC..
    do you think that i can achieve that with 27dbm mod and windsurfer (i already have, but dont use)???

4. Amigorick

I finally got a chance to go out in some open areas and stretch my Phantom 3 Standard out a little bit. I took it out
    to 3400 feet (1036 meters) and probably could have gone a little farther. Had perfect video and controller signal.
    I was excited to get the actual distance DJI states it will get. I am even more excited that I had just ordered the
    Itelite antenna mod kit and can't wait to install it and see what I can get then !!!

5. phxbird57

what 27 dbm mod are you talking about that would be a large antenna and is it for the R/C side (5.8) or the video side (2.4)?

6. ftomas

27dbm mod... Turn UE into FCC
    17 dbm into 27 dbm
    And i think it only aplies to 2.4 side

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

7. phxbird57

can you post a picture of it I'm interested in seeing it. As for the UE into FCC I thought it pertained to power from the transmitter.

8. ftomas