New Android DJI Pilot Version 1.2.0 in Play Store

I tried already some fixes and it didn't fix the gapps error, do you have the fix?

I never had the error.
Mine is kitkat 4.4.4

I guess I should avoid 5.0??

It's also telling me I need a firmware update when I just did the latest yesterday.

Me too, but i closed everything down then re started it all and it was fine to fly...happy days baby!!

My shield tablet is brand new. New Dji Go app causes my videos
stop for less than a sec. and continue but you can see the chop.

4K is not suppose to look like an 80's Shoulder carried
VHS camcorder. This constant downloading glitch plagued apps is getting old. Dji is not solid on much

of anything.
Waiting on my Krosblade Prowler ....Feb. 2016

Just to clarify, you do realize the video you see on your tablet/phone is not 4k, it is 720p, however your concern about the 720p video stuttering stopping is real, seems alot of people have this issue, there seems to be many threads about downgrading google play services.

I can't speak to this issue as my Nexus 7 tablet, on 5.1.1 has shown no sign of these video issues.

i had some android v1.2 dji pilot app crashes: ...I'm currently flying a P3A with latest firmware 1.3.2. Yesterday, everything was pretty ok, flying and hoovering at long distance (even 3 Km far away), BUT while coming back (800mt from the home), the screen on my dji pilot (android app 1.2 on samsung galasxy s4) suddendly went all grey in color and says: "disconnected". I had to use the return to home feature by pressing the button on the rc and the phantom went safely home. I was in a clear spot, nearby a lake. Moreover, app crashes happened to me 3 times in the last 3 flights. I noticed that even having the drone back at my feet, the app was still on a grey color and disconnected state and to reconnect it to the phantom i had to full exit and relaunch the app. I wonder if the problem is in the android app or in the drone itself since it happened three times in the last three flights.

i had some android v1.2 dji pilot app crashes: ...I'm currently flying a P3A with latest firmware 1.3.2. Yesterday, everything was pretty ok, flying and hoovering at long distance (even 3 Km far away), BUT while coming back (800mt from the home), the screen on my dji pilot (android app 1.2 on samsung galasxy s4) suddendly went all grey in color and says: "disconnected". I had to use the return to home feature by pressing the button on the rc and the phantom went safely home. I was in a clear spot, nearby a lake. Moreover, app crashes happened to me 3 times in the last 3 flights. I noticed that even having the drone back at my feet, the app was still on a grey color and disconnected state and to reconnect it to the phantom i had to full exit and relaunch the app. I wonder if the problem is in the android app or in the drone itself since it happened three times in the last three flights.
Have you upgraded to the New DJI GO app?

I have had the exact same experience as yourself however i have not sent the drone anywhere near that range yet!

I'm using the latest firmware and DJI GO from the playstore on my Nexus 6 running 5.1

This happens me all the time too. Every 10-30minutes.
on my Nexus 7 2013 LTE. with newest firmware releases.
I just close the app and restarts. That's why for now avoid sea and close by structures/trees.

I'm in front of my phantom and... THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING "LIVE" NOW :

1) I just turn on the RC and then the drone (but without mounting the propellers, just to be sure it wont fly away alone!)...ok ..everything seems ok ..but ...after moving the FLIGHT MODE SWITCH (on the left side of the RC) from P-MODE to F-mode... this immediately CRASHED the app... o_O

2) I restart the app... it is now connected again... pretty ok... but strangely... when I move the GIMBAL DIAL (on the left side of the RC), it doesn't tilt the gimbal :eek: (what the ****!!!)

3) I restarted everything including the drone... now the gimbal worls perfectly... but ... I wonder why when I move the FLIGHT MODE SWITCH (on the left side of the RC) from P-MODE to A-mode it doesn't affect the "display" of the app (in the upper left corner of the screen, it keeps writing "P-OPTI" while the rc switch is now on "A-MODE"...don't know if this is normal...

my current configuration is:
drone: DJI - Phantom 3 Advanced with firmware 1.3.2 (latest)
phone: Samsung - S4 with android 5.01 lollipop (I use this phone only for the phantom, I recently formatted it so no bugs / other apps)
app: DJI PILOT 1.2 (probably the worst ever tried)

CONCLUSION 1: I THINK THIS CONFIGURATION (see above) IS THE WORST I EVER FLIGHT WITH. (I flew for one year and a half with my old P2V+ and such strange things, never happened)

CONCLUSION 2: I really hope that upgrading the android app 1.2 to the new 2.0 will fix these problems, otherwise flying is extremely risk. BE CAREFUL.

Have you upgraded to the New DJI GO app?
I did it yesterday.. and today i did few test flights with the new android app (v2.0) on my samsung s4 with android 5... ok after a copule of very short flights without problems... suddenly, when the drone was at 10mt from my feet, while landing, THE NEW APP DISCONNECTED AGAIN.... i was controlling perfectly the drone with the rc...but the screen on my app was grey and says disconnected...moreover... i left the drone parked and turned on and i moved myself around it to see if ot will re-connect by himself. ..no way...still disconnected after few minutes...so I full exit the app and relaunch it.. nothing.. finally... i detached my microusb cable frome the phone and reattached it.. This immediately made the phone re-connect and the live image from the camera reappeared suddenly on my phone... WHAT THE <expletive deleted>.. I CAN NOT FLY SAFE IN THIS SITUATION! !

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it yesterday.. and today i did few test flights with the new android app (v2.0) on my samsung s4 with android 5... ok after a copule of very short flights without problems... suddenly, when the drone was at 10mt from my feet, while landing, THE NEW APP DISCONNECTED AGAIN.... i was controlling perfectly the drone with the rc...but the screen on my app was grey and says disconnected...moreover... i left the drone parked and turned on and i moved myself around it to see if ot will re-connect by himself. ..no way...still disconnected after few minutes...so I full exit the app and relaunch it.. nothing.. finally... i detached my microusb cable frome the phone and reattached it.. This immediately made the phone re-connect and the live image from the camera reappeared suddenly on my phone... WHAT THE ****.. I CAN NOT FLY SAFE IN THIS SITUATION! !
You might check the cable-- there have been numerous reports he of bad cables.

Reactions: italiandrone
You might check the cable-- there have been numerous reports he of bad cables.

OMG (Oh My God)...i m using the original DJI cable and since the beginning I reserved JUST for the connection between my samsung s4 and the rc...I NEVER USE IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE.. SO to me it sounds impossible that the problem is the wire BUT ....i just completed a 20min test flying around with another used usb cable and the drone and the app...were PERFECT
...so??? It is really the wire the problem ???

.need to test again before kissing you ....

Reactions: envisionabove
Same disconnect problem here. P3P with Nvidia Shield tablet.
Someone on this forum told me to rollback Google services,
go to tablets directory and delete the Go Pilot app. Then go
playstore and download the Go App again. It worked for one (1)
flight and then this: About 8 min into flight screen would actually
freeze for a sec , turn gray and then back on again. I was also
having pixilation on the screen too. Red , blue, green smears
of color. I hit RTH and waited 2 minutes, nada. I was about a
1/3 mi away. Without a frkn screen , app crash, and minutes
away I had to act. The direction I left was in a straight line
at 100ft. Low batt. warning. I turned the bird around what I
thought would get me home and hit the stick. In about 50 seconds
the P3P went past my house slightly off course. I saw it and
was able to land as batt. went critical. I agree this is crap but
when you post it; some moron asks what update were you
flying with. I saved my bird not Dji.

I just tried the new Youtube Live Streaming function and it totally freezes up the app and requires a tablet reboot every time. Lovely. Hopefully it's just this crappy tablet. Maybe someone with an Nvidia Shield or something can verify.

I have a Nvidia Shield 8" tablet connected to my P3P and Go Pilot
app. crashed several times and lucky I was close by. When safely
on the ground I find the video stops abruptly I guess when the
app. crashed. Switching back and forth between firmware updates
is bull manure and Dji engineers need to get theirs together and
stop with the release of glitch plagued software.

I have a Nvidia Shield 8" tablet connected to my P3P and Go Pilot
app. crashed several times and lucky I was close by. When safely
on the ground I find the video stops abruptly I guess when the
app. crashed. Switching back and forth between firmware updates
is bull manure and Dji engineers need to get theirs together and
stop with the release of glitch plagued software.

Before switching to a new app version always 1st uninstall the old one. The always be sure to calibrate the Gimbal. Next calibrate the R/C and the gimbal thumb wheel on upper left side of r/c. Next calibrate the Aircraft, making sure you receive green lights only. If you see yellow flashing lights redo calibration.

Next make sure the Aircraft has reached operating temp. and you are now ready for flight. If you are a newbe be sure to read the manual as well.

after MANY test flights ... the drone flyes perfectly.... while the android app (v.2.0) is crashing sometimes ...and I have to KEEP CALM and relaunch the app or sometimes need to detach and re-attach the microusb cable from my phone while I'm flying near or far away (the distance doesn't seems to affect the randomly disconnections to me)

CONCLUSION 3... I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A STABLE CONNECTION BETWEEN MY DRONE AND MY PHONE but, in the meanwhile, I'll keep flying my P3A... I know its dangerous but its still fun...

my current configuration is:
drone: DJI - Phantom 3 Advanced with firmware 1.3.2 (latest)
phone: Samsung - S4 with android 5.01 (new and used only to fly the P3A)
app: DJI PILOT 2.0 (not perfect, still disconnect sometimes, but better than the v1.2)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31