New Android DJI Pilot Version 1.2.0 in Play Store

Reaction score
As most of you probably know by now the new Android DJI Pilot App is in the Play Store. Is anyone having any problems with the app crashing eg... "com.google.process.gapps"? How is the App performing?

As most of you probably know by now the new Android DJI Pilot App is in the Play Store. Is anyone having any problems with the app crashing eg... "com.google.process.gapps"? How is the App performing?
I actually had the app crash you're referring to for the first time last night. That was before updating the app.

I just now got the update from the play store, but when you open the app, it still says the version is 1.1.0
Do you guys see the same thing after updating?

I actually had the app crash you're referring to for the first time last night. That was before updating the app.

I just now got the update from the play store, but when you open the app, it still says the version is 1.1.0
Uninstall the old one first.

No, I didnt know that... I wonder why the version on the DJI support download site is still 1.1.0? Perhaps the Google play store finally has the version that has been available on the DJI site for a while now.

Edited: Downloaded and installed. It is a new version that is NOT available on the DJI support site. One of the changes is that you can set the Home Point.

I uninstalled the previous version prior to the install.

Last edited:
I upgraded to 1.2.0 earlier today.

When I connected to my P3A, I got a notification to update my controller firmware (I updated the aircraft firmware yesterday). After doing that update, I lost communication with the gimbal. I used the online chat feature to discuss it with DJI and they said I needed to talk to the folks in CA. It was right around luchtime, so I left everything powered down. When I returned, I grabbed my other tablet which still had 1.1.0 and tried it. Full success! then I switched back to my 7" tablet running 1.2.0 and everything works now.

I don't think hooking up the 1.1.0 tablet had anything to do with the fix, but who knows? Good news is that I'm back to normal ops with latest firmware and 1.2.0.

Reactions: ksavoie
I cannot believe the latter app was 128mb and this one is only 48mb...the ios app is 114mb l call this popcorn time.

I just tried the new Youtube Live Streaming function and it totally freezes up the app and requires a tablet reboot every time. Lovely. Hopefully it's just this crappy tablet. Maybe someone with an Nvidia Shield or something can verify.

This version has been on DJIs site for at least a few weeks. I was all excited about improvements to only find it was what Ive always had. Oh Well...

EDIT: It was 1.1.0 on DJI. But all my devices already had 1.2 on them.

Last edited:
This version has been on DJIs site for at least a few weeks. I was all excited about improvements to only find it was what Ive always had. Oh Well...
What do you mean? It never had the Youtube live streaming option before. It doesn't work but it's there now lol.

I
What do you mean? It never had the Youtube live streaming option before. It doesn't work but it's there now lol.
I have had the option since my P3P was delivered on all my android devices. But opted to fly with my iPad Mini because its far more stable. I cant get streaming to work on the Mini either

On both of my Android tablets I lost all of my flight records and when I sync it tells me "successful" but no flight records display. I also lost 3 flights worth 40 minutes and 20,000 feet becuase of synchronization failures in the 1.1.0 app.
I doublechecked the app on DJI's website and it is definitely 1.1.0.

Just tested this morning on my Samsung Note 4. 10minute flight and it seems stable.
Resetting home position in reference to smart/phone device is now available.
Didn't try the youtube streaming.

Mine says the correct app version, only tried it indoors and everything seems to be working.
2ahd2pt.jpg

On both of my Android tablets I lost all of my flight records and when I sync it tells me "successful" but no flight records display. I also lost 3 flights worth 40 minutes and 20,000 feet becuase of synchronization failures in the 1.1.0 app.
I doublechecked the app on DJI's website and it is definitely 1.1.0.
From Google Store, I deleted the App ver. 1.1.0 On my Nvidia Shield. Then installed Ver. 1.2.0. All records and videos are fine. When I tried to download from DJI downloads it told me I needed an Android version greater than 4.0 I have android 5.1, don't understand why that came up, but I did the above on the Google Store and loaded just fine with no lose of files or records.

So other then the OP with Firmware v1.2.6 and App v1.2.0 has anyone noticed any of the recent VPS, Gimbal, Video Glitching, or the "com.google.process.gapps" issues? Is this combo stable?

Mako79, are you on lollipop? Getting the "com.google.process.gapps" crash?

Just tested this morning on my Samsung Note 4. 10minute flight and it seems stable.
Resetting home position in reference to smart/phone device is now available.
Didn't try the youtube streaming.

Mako79, are you on lollipop? Getting the "com.google.process.gapps" crash?
Kit Kat.
Like the P3 firmware, should I remain on kitkat???
There is a fix for the lollipop google crash somewhere on this forum..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl