New and looking for pointers!

lake_flyer said:
Glad that it all tested out fine.
Should give enough peace of mind to enjoy it to the full.

12min per battery is reasonable for default voltage gain settings. The batteries might format a little and after 20 or so flights they might give a minute more. I have the first level on 10.30V loaded and second on 10.00V loaded. Gives me about a minute between warnings. But I use a Lipo alarm that beeps (very loud) 1 minute before first level warning (I've set that to 3.5V per cel loaded which equals 10.50 for a 3 cell battery). That gives me about 2.5 minutes total to do a RTH (which I always do, it's the quickest way back home). Roughly enough to return from 300m out and 200m high (descending takes 80% of that time and I always make sure I already descended to a lower level well before the beeper).

Hello Lake flyer,

Help and comments about this please :-

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22968

Interesting about the levels you have set - I would have got there sometime.

What do you mean by the batteries formatting?

Regards

Pete

deltamike said:
lake_flyer said:
Glad that it all tested out fine.
Should give enough peace of mind to enjoy it to the full.

12min per battery is reasonable for default voltage gain settings. The batteries might format a little and after 20 or so flights they might give a minute more. I have the first level on 10.30V loaded and second on 10.00V loaded. Gives me about a minute between warnings. But I use a Lipo alarm that beeps (very loud) 1 minute before first level warning (I've set that to 3.5V per cel loaded which equals 10.50 for a 3 cell battery). That gives me about 2.5 minutes total to do a RTH (which I always do, it's the quickest way back home). Roughly enough to return from 300m out and 200m high (descending takes 80% of that time and I always make sure I already descended to a lower level well before the beeper).

Hello Lake flyer,

Help and comments about this please :-

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22968

Interesting about the levels you have set - I would have got there sometime.

Regards

Pete

Thinking about it - to which I am un-accustomed - if I take the lowest voltage of my batteries and work out the 80% voltage

ie 12.71v = 10.16 and to give leeway set the first level to 10.30v. should do it.

Three more test flights coming up then in my link.

Regards

Pete

Yamasung said:
dtviewer said:
Yamasung said:
Anybody know where I can get replacement vibration dampeners for the FC40 camera? Had a minor crash and lost one. Glad they give you extras with the kit, but I'd like to know where to get more if I ever need them and I don't see them listed on DJI's website.

Ebay.
Search Phantom rubber dampers

Thanks!

Ok, so in my haste to replace my dampers I didn't read the auction closely enough and bought the Vision 2 dampers which are larger than the FC40 dampers. Doesn't look like there are FC40 dampers available on ebay so I'm back to my original question- anyone know where I can get replacement FC40 dampers?

Will try contacting DJI next, I guess....

Yamasung

I was after a piece for my fc40 and contacted dji USA via email. Took them a few days, but they replied asking for address, which i then gave them. They promptly replied the next day letting me know the piece has been shipped. I hope the same for you. In my original inquirey to them I had mentioned I wanted to know where I could buy the piece, and then they just sent me for free.. I'm quite impressed.

deltamike said:
deltamike said:

What I meant is that some batteries give there full capacity only after a couple of charging/discarging cycles. I had 2 different 2200 batteries, the original and a Droneflyer (no idea if that a real brand). The Droneflyer battery gave more capacity out of the box and charged up to 12.60V while the Phantom battery not more then 12.40. After about 20 cycles they both charge up to 12.55-12.60. and holding steady.

mikey said:
Yamasung

I was after a piece for my fc40 and contacted dji USA via email. Took them a few days, but they replied asking for address, which i then gave them. They promptly replied the next day letting me know the piece has been shipped. I hope the same for you. In my original inquirey to them I had mentioned I wanted to know where I could buy the piece, and then they just sent me for free.. I'm quite impressed.

I gave this a try and DJI replied that they don't sell them direct to customers. Told me to contact an authorized distributor and I've got Atlanta Hobby working on it, but they admitted I was the first request for FC40 dampers they've had...surprising, I think.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl