New affordable drone from DJI called Phantom 3 SE

Does anyone understand how they have improved the range while keeping wifi?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

More wattage is one possibility.

4 km over wifi without Lightbridge or OcuSync. Sounds very odd to me; pure wifi can't possibly do this.
Or maybe it has LB or Ocusync, but they just don't mention it?

One negative for me is the P3S style controller this thing uses. A lot of missing buttons compare to 3A/3P controller

Lower MHz wifi channels get better distance, but a lot of interference. If you pump up the power, you interfere with other devices. Higher channels, like 14.5, are clear with no interference and you get 5x the distance. But in the US and most other countries, used for uplink/downlink on GSAT satellites, (and now just licensed for LTE low power).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Screen-Shot-2017-03-01-at-5.48.27-PM-696x397.png

Phantom 3 SE - DJI's New Old Drone Offers Power for a Low Price - WeTalkUAV
Sl loooks like me p34k ,,i presume diference is in camera ?? got same range

Perhaps they are just testing it out to see how well it sells. It's similar to the P34K and that model was pretty short-lived.
Yeh my p34k just a orniment,still goes well but the normal range problems:)

I just ordered a P3SE in Hong Kong with the price approx. 430 USD.
But I'm kind of worried about it since there are limited information revealed.

Reactions: Matts175
I find it interesting that all are jumping onto the WiFi band wagon ....

I read the specs page and all I got was that it uses ONLY 2.4Ghz ... which the Adv and Pro also used. It has no 5.8Ghz ... which again same as Adv and Pro.

Nowhere I could find on the specs page could I find reference to WiFi .... except :

"Phantom 3 SE is the latest addition to the Phantom 3 series, which is connected to DJI GO App via WiFi signals, "

We already know that WiFi for Go and Litchi - is the connection of App to RC .... the RC then connected to AC. It appears that DJI have elected to retain the Std form of App connection and not via cable as with Adv and Pro.

I cannot see Lightbridge being used on the SE unless DJI have massively reduced its costs ? Which to be honest is possible.

I am glad to see that the P3 battery can be used instead of a new battery design !

As I see it - DJI have decided to combine the Std, Adv and Pro into one machine. AND price it to kill of the likes of SIMTOO and so on. Personally - I like the idea and will be on starting blocks to pick one up as soon as they hit EU market.

I have no urge to pay out for a folding gimmick called Mavic !

Nigel

uses " amplified Wi-Fi "

Can you let us all know where you get that info from ?

Not trying ti be rude but I went through the pages of the SE and cannot find that ...

Nigel

Can you let us all know where you get that info from ?

Not trying ti be rude but I went through the pages of the SE and cannot find that ...

Nigel
GEARBEST , no picture of remote though , 4km super long-distance control range and amplified WiFi signal for 4km long image transmission

Only available in China and Taiwan. 4km distance and 4k camera sounds nice.

Got that already ... cheers ...

Its the statements of what it is that I am asking about as I find no reference other than WiFi HD for Video ...

Nigel

GEARBEST , no picture of remote though , 4km super long-distance control range and amplified WiFi signal for 4km long image transmission

mmmmm Gearbest ...... and when do they expect to be selling them in Canada ? As I see the DJI China page says :

PRE-sale price ..... so maybe its not even on Chinese shelves yet ...

Nigel

we can only hope , I wonder if both RC and AC is amplified or just RC? I would love an amplified RC upgrade direct from DJI for the P3S .

Why it was short-lived I don't know
Maybe, because the P-3A, P-3Pro, and the P-4 came out so soon thereafter?
Actually, the P3-4K came out after the other P3 variants.
I have no urge to pay out for a folding gimmick called Mavic !
Have you seen the mavic flying?
I recently had a demo flight and rather than a gimmick it's a very impressive aircraft.
It shows some great design and engineering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.