New Adobe Camera Raw v8.4 RC

Reaction score
New Adobe Camera Raw v8.4 RC

Includes native Phantom Vision lens profile (lens correction on DNG!)

Side by side previews

And a lot more!

gGObwpcl.jpg

Info: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal ... lable.html
Download: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw8-4-cc/

Radial filter tool was added in ACR 8.0, almost a year ago.

Keep in mind, the radial filter - and other new ACR features - are only available in Photoshop CC, not CS6. If you still have CS6, the new ACR updates will give you the new camera & lens profiles, but none of the new features.

jimre said:

Keep in mind, the radial filter - and other new ACR features - are only available in Photoshop CC, not CS6. If you still have CS6, the new ACR updates will give you the new camera & lens profiles, but none of the new features.
Dissapointing - I guess Adobe are trying to push CC.

pault said:
jimre said:

They are pushing me in a direction all right, and it's not toward CC.

pault said:
jimre said:

Well, I don't think it's unusual. Most companies only add features to their current product offerings, not older discontinued versions.

jimre said:
pault said:
jimre said:

Well, I don't think it's unusual. Most companies only add features to their current product offerings, not older discontinued versions.
Yes, I can understand that but the camera raw opens in its own window from bridge/ps/lr so I hoped that it would be included in 8.4. Just wishful thinking on my part ;) I cannot really justify the monthly cost of CC. It is not surprising that Adobe wants to push CC given the wide availability of cracked versions of their products.

PAValentine said:
ResevorDG said:
No updates for Lightroom yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lightroom uses the same ACR as Photoshop.

From what I can tell by looking at file locations on my computer, you are correct.
If you modify it for one program, you modify it for both.

PAValentine said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lightroom uses the same ACR as Photoshop.
Yes and no. Lightroom is built around the same core ACR engine, but it uses its own self-contained version of it - along with its own set of lens profile files. If you install this new ACR 8.4 release candidate - Lightroom will not see any of the new lens profiles.

Lightroom and ACR/Photoshop *do* share a common directory for user-customized lens profiles:

(for Windows) C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

So if you copy any of the new ACR 8.4 lens profile files to this directory, then Lightroom will see them.

pault said:
Yes, I can understand that but the camera raw opens in its own window from bridge/ps/lr so I hoped that it would be included in 8.4. Just wishful thinking on my part ;) I cannot really justify the monthly cost of CC. It is not surprising that Adobe wants to push CC given the wide availability of cracked versions of their products.
Agree, the whole creative cloud subscription thing seems quite expensive, especially for casual users. But the one pretty good deal they have is their creative cloud "Photography Program" - for $10/month you get the current full versions of both Lightroom and Photoshop.

Does this new FC200 lens profile also correct videos having FoV less than 140 deg?

(I don't have CC or CS5 extended or CS6 extended, cannot try)
(ProDRENALINE FC200 correction works only for FoV 140 videos.)

AnselA said:
Does this new FC200 lens profile also correct videos having FoV less than 140 deg?

Photoshop does the automatic correction for narrower-FOV videos, but of course it over-corrects - since the default seems calibrated for the full 140° FOV. If you did this, you'd probably have to use the slider manually to back off the default distortion-correction.

I don't think there's any way for Photoshop to automatically know what FOV setting was used to shoot the video.

Also, the new profile is not significantly different than the old one. There are only two changes to the .LCP file compared with the November beta version posted by DJI:

Comparing files PHANTOM VISION FC200 - RAW.lcp and PHANTOM VISION FC200.LCP

***** PHANTOM VISION FC200 - RAW.lcp
stCamera:CameraRawProfile="True"
***** PHANTOM VISION FC200.LCP
stCamera:CameraRawProfile="False"

stCamera:SensorFormatFactor="5.643778"
stCamera:SensorFormatFactor="5.6"

The first is changing the RAW flag to "True". The second looks like a slight refinement to the "Sensor Crop Factor", eg as compared with full-frame 35mm sensor.

jimre said:
AnselA said:

Photoshop does the automatic correction for narrower-FOV videos, but of course it over-corrects - since the default seems calibrated for the full 140° FOV. If you did this, you'd probably have to use the slider manually to back off the default distortion-correction.

I don't think there's any way for Photoshop to automatically know what FOV setting was used to shoot the video.

There could be 3 different profiles for 3 different FoVs and the user selects the right one.
---

5.643778 is more accurate than 5.6 for 1/2.3" sensor.

jimre said:
Also, the new profile is not significantly different than the old one. There are only two changes to the .LCP file compared with the November beta version posted by DJI:

Comparing files PHANTOM VISION FC200 - RAW.lcp and PHANTOM VISION FC200.LCP

stCamera:CameraRawProfile="True"
stCamera:CameraRawProfile="False"

stCamera:SensorFormatFactor="5.6"

The first is changing the RAW flag to "True". The second looks like a slight refinement to the "Sensor Crop Factor", eg as compared with full-frame 35mm sensor.

Are you saying I should go into my profile and change 5.6 to 5.63778?

ResevorDG said:
Are you saying I should go into my profile and change 5.6 to 5.63778?
No. I'm saying I did a file compare, and this is one of only two differences between the newest profile and the original beta version posted by DJI in November.

I have no idea what the "stCamera:SensorFormatFactor" is actually used for, if anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie