New 7" tablet - Do we need GPS?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking around to purchase a new 7" (or 8") tablet to mainly use with my go pro and DJI Phantom Vision 2+ but I am a bit confused about the gps. I normally prefer iOs but an ipad mini 2 with gps quickly comes to around 400€ while decent android devices can be found for around 200€.

So my question is; I understood gps is needed for dynamic home point and the follow me, is this true? Do you all have gps in your tablets? What tablets do you recommend?

It's best to have a tablet with GPS for the reasons you mentioned. Several users have had good success with the Nexus 7 tablet among others. I just wish my Nexus had a SD card port. It work fine as I just use it for flying via OSD and FPV with camera and video functions.you may use the google maps quite a bit if you do any way point flying and some of the other POI or follow me. GPS a plus.

Yep, you need GPS for Watch Me and dynamic homepoint - well, for every option that needs to know the relative position of you regarding to the drone.

And no, you don´t need GPS to fly. I had an asian no-name phone without a GPS chip but with a very bright display and it worked fine (no watch me and no DH of course).

Since meanwhile I have a new phone with bright display and GPS I can tell that finally it is best to have GPS even if not beeing needed. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik