New 5.8 transmitter observations/Trainer Port Compatibility

Reaction score
I received the new 5.8 transmitter and performed latest updated from 10/31 on both the controller and Phantom Vision 2 plus.

Two Observations:
1. The camera title lever works great. The green light on the camera mount now flashes green instead of a solid green light when the camera is connected.

2. The 4 LED's that indicate battery level for the rechargeable LiPo originally worked, but now do not work after first charging. They are just blank and do not light up.
The controller charges and the main green light turns on, as well as the controller works okay. Any thoughts on this one??

3. I plugged the trainer port of the new transmitter into my Phoenix RC 5.0 simulator USB (which has a Vision 2 model) and the program DOES NOT recognize the DJI remote.

Does anyone know/have a trainer program that allows the use of the Phantom 5.8 controller or know how to get it to be recognized???

Re: New 5.8 transmitter observations/Trainer Port Compatibil

How do you bind the new transmitter ?

Just power on the Phantom, look underneath and you will see a blinking red light. Use a paper clip and press the button in the hole, then power up the new transmitter and it will bind. The red light will stop flashing when it successfully binds.

paulsluxmd said:
I received the new 5.8 transmitter and performed latest updated from 10/31 on both the controller and Phantom Vision 2 plus.

Two Observations:
1. The camera title lever works great. The green light on the camera mount now flashes green instead of a solid green light when the camera is connected.

2. The 4 LED's that indicate battery level for the rechargeable LiPo originally worked, but now do not work after first charging. They are just blank and do not light up.
The controller charges and the main green light turns on, as well as the controller works okay. Any thoughts on this one??

3. I plugged the trainer port of the new transmitter into my Phoenix RC 5.0 simulator USB (which has a Vision 2 model) and the program DOES NOT recognize the DJI remote.

Does anyone know/have a trainer program that allows the use of the Phantom 5.8 controller or know how to get it to be recognized???

How did yup update the remote?

I updated the remote.. now the LED's on the remote are gone, won't shine green or anything. Camera pitch control on the remote still doesn't work. I'm terrified to fly this POS. All these updates have ruined everyones weekend. We're all scrambling to try and fix this.

What simulation program is compatible with the new "Trainer Port" ????
I looked everywhere and found nothing :-(

About the Trainer Port:

• If you have an oscilloscope, then try viewing the waveform.
    That will also tell you the voltage level of the digital signal.
    Also, which pin of the connector has the signal and which pin is ground.

Question:

• Is the new DJI trainer port a simple looking 3.5mm jack? (like used for headphones; two or three wire?)

Isn't the Trainer feature itself on hold until future release in an upcoming update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers