New 4K - remote won't turn on

Reaction score
I just bought a 4K and my remote won't turn on. I click the power button and no lights come on or anything. I've been charging it for about 30 minutes and still nothing.

Does the copter have to be on for the lights on the remote to flash? My phone recognizes the phantom wifi and I can feel the controller getting warm... not sure what the issue is.

Just checking.... You are pushing and releasing the start button and then pushing and holding it down (just like you start the quadcopter)?

Yes. Pushing it doesn't do anything to the lights...I charged the battery and am able to turn it on/off fine.

So I updated the firmware, the app recognizes being connected to the remote but the lights still won't turn on. When I launch the camera it says "RC Signal lost" in the top left corner...

I click the power button and no lights come on or anything. I've been charging it for about 30 minutes and still nothing.
Try charging it for a few hours. If the remote controller still does not turn on at that point, then the battery is probably dead.

That sucks... I literally just opened it out of the box and it doesn't work? Best Buy doesn't allow returns on drones either if they've been opened, so now I need to send in the controller? This is ridiculous...

How long have you charged it? Do you see any lights now if you press and release the remote controller power button quickly (after removing it from the charger)?

Best Buy doesn't allow returns on drones either if they've been opened
That doesn't sound right. I'd ask to speak to the store manager if I were you.

How long have you charged it? Do you see any lights now if you press and release the remote controller power button quickly (after removing it from the charger)?

That doesn't sound right. I'd ask to speak to the store manager if I were you.

Charging for about 2 hours now, still nothing.

Take everything back to Best Buy and get a replacement.

Are you able to see RC version on DJI Go App? How did you update the FW?

Are you able to see RC version on DJI Go App? How did you update the FW?
My phone recognizes the wifi and is able to connect to it, but the lights won't turn on and it just says "RC Signal lost" in the top left corner. I can't see RC version anywhere in the app

Best buy won't take it back, I called
That came from the store manager? If they refuse to help you, just call the Best Buy corporate office. It'll be much easier to get a replacement through Best Buy.

I agree w/ msinger call corporate

I ended up taking it back and getting store credit... could have exchanged but I ended up opting for the P3A flash deal on amazon yesterday seeing as it was the same price I paid for the 4K. I'll probably pick up an ipad mini now and then just save the rest of the best buy credit for later

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl