new 3 d gimbal won't point fully down.

Reaction score
i bought the p 2 with the zenmuse factory package from amazon and used it without the gimbal for a couple of days and now that i feel comfortable i installed the gimbal and it does not point all the way down. after reading a lot of post about dead gimbals afar f.w. updates i am not sure i should even try that.
i did the update on the p-2 and everything else looked updated..but that was before i added the gimbal.
any ideas of why it would not go fully down?

i will try that. thanks. i went to calibrate it and it seemed like it didn't need it..i will try again,

Also in Phantom Assistant software check the tab marked gimbal. You can fine tune the horizontal and vertical limits plus the gain. Horizontal will dictate how much you can deviate from straight forward 90 degrees. Vertical will dictate how much you want it to stop short of or past straight down. Gain will dictate how slowly it moves from one point to the other - I use a gain of 2, a horizontal of -5 and a vertical of 0. You may have to adjust your vertical to go past what it believes is straight down.

But do a Full IMU calibration on level surface.

As stated above just running RC assistant and calibrating X1 then calibrating your full range of RC into Phantom might fix it before moving onto my suggestion.

i a did try going in and adjusting the gain etc first. i will do the other calibrations tonight. thanks for the tips.

resolved finally by just adjusting the x-1 lever way left.
it did not adjust at first and then after calibrating again it is finally good to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic