NEW 2800mAh

gardenroute said:
funtimegrandpa said:
Ok the weather was good tonight so while I was in the mood for testing I decided to give the 2800 Dinogy Lipo another test....It was flown at normal speeds so this is a real world test. The flight time was 11:02...
Hi Jake, what was your AUW when flying with the 2800 Dinogy LiPo ?

The props are DJI 9443?

That your time is excellent, I'm flying today (with AUW 1200 g, 9443 clone props and Antigravity! T-motors) around 7-8 minutes with stock DJI 2200. I got to 10 min, it would be awesome :eek:

10-12min is in the ballpark for a good 2700-2800mah battery (a bit less with more aggressive flying). 1200g is a tad on the heavy side for a single-battery setup on a P1, but 7-8 minutes is actually quite good for the stock battery with that weight (assuming you're running a typical 2-axis gimbal and fpv/OSD setup). You'll get a couple minutes more with a 2800, and if you can drop a bit of weight (should be quite easy) 11 is easily in reach.

I just took the phantom that I used for testing down to weigh it. Here is what it showed
Phantom with battery: 2.4 lbs ( 1088.62g )
Battery weight: .4 lbs 181.45 g

Props used: phantom 2 props.

My time of 11:02 was average flying so it was accurate for what I consider normal flying with a gimbal.

While I was thinking about the times, I thought I would suggest that if you do not have iosd or a way other than watching the lights on the phantom to know when it is time to land, you can buy 2 of these Low Voltage Alarms for $7 http://www.ebay.com/itm/350972901014?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

They are priceless in my opinion. I always set mine for 3.7 and that gives me at least a minute to get back and land. If you are daring set it for 3.6 as that is about the time your first red lights will start flashing.

My brother was told about this when he bought his FC40 and he did not listen to his older brother lol !!! and sure enough he put an uncharged battery in and was flying over some water. He did not make it back in time and it cost ME hours of time to get it working again!!!!! Last time I will help for something that could have been avoided.

All you do it connect it to your balance plug. Just my thoughts so take it or leave it.

Grandpa Jake

I run mine down to 3.5 volt on my buzzer.Soon as I hear the first beep under load I come back in. Then fly aroundd nearby till it beeps continueously.

What ever someone is comfortable with as long as you get on the ground under control. I fly mostly FPV and even though I am some distance out I can still hear the beeper! When I fly my Phantom 2 I have iOSD and just keep a watch on the voltage. The lights are great, but if it is sunny and facing the wrong direction it could be a problem.

Hi David, the Dinogy Lipo can be found here: http://dinogylipos.com/3s-lipos/147-2800mah-3s-25c-dji you can contact them and ask about shipping. If you are also interested in the SMC 2800 you can contact them at: [email protected] tell them funtimegrandpa sent you. I hope one of them can help as both batteries are of the best quality from what I have seen and tested. And both take a lot of pride in what they are selling.

No chance for "normal" shipment to Europe, answer from Danny :

"...Unfortunately shipping to Europe from the US is very expensive as we must ship via UPS. Lipos aren't legal to ship via postal service. Regards, Danny Sullivan..." :(

That is a shame, wish I could help. Sometimes being in the US the same thing happens when I think I might get free shipping and then find out that is for other than USA.... I know my balance rod was a bit more because of the shipping, but I knew I wanted it. Did you ask the Dinogy Lipo? most likely they will have the same answer, but maybe not !!

Has anyone noticed a drop in battery voltage when converted to use their Spektrum DX8 wither DJI Phantom? The reason I as is because I have noticed just that. My OEM battery, which was my best battery and I normally got 6 minutes flight time firm, has decided to allow me a few seconds before activating the 1st level protection red LED. I just received 4 new Zippy 2800mAh LiPo's and I got exactly 5 minutes before the 1st level protection red Led came on. I would love some help with my battery settings here. Someone suggested setting my first level protection at 10.8v with zero loss, and 2nd level protection at 10.6v

DeckerZ said:
Someone suggested setting my first level protection at 10.8v with zero loss, and 2nd level protection at 10.6v

This would be a good place to start, what are they set at now?

@funtimegrandpa: at your recommendation my Dinogy 2800 arrived this morning, I plan to run it against the SMC 2800, Pulse 2700, maddog 2700 and a few others today.

I have a heavily customized Phantom...I put the guts from my original 1.2 in to a P2 shell, and I'm also using sunnysky 2212 motors and the Graupner 9x5 E-props. I know it's not a standard or common config, but it won't change during any of my testing so I'll still be able to judge the batteries relative to each other.

The secondary goal of this test for me, after determining which one is the king of flight time, is to figure out which is most practical for running in a parallel internal set up.

I really hate this site sometimes. Always has me ordering more stuff for my phantom. **** me and my weak will power. :)
Ordered two of the buzzers from pg 5 on this thread and 2 of the 2800mah batteries. I really love to hate you guys. :)

David stansfield said:
Do you know we're I can get these 2800 batteries in the uk. Or can the be shipped to England. Thanks.

Hey David, not sure if you got your batteries, but I ordered my Zippy 2800 3S from Hobbyking and after a week wait they arrived safely in Northern Ireland. To be honest I seem to be getting just 5 minutes on 1 before I get the first red light warning. I need to tinker with my voltage settings. What settings are others using?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik