Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New 2700mAh 30C Battery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phantomflyer, Jan 5, 2014.

1. phantomflyer

2. ElGuano

FWIW, it looks like it has the right weight and dimensions to be a true 2700mah pack.

3. phantomflyer

Ordered one and it should be here Thursday, I'll post a review on it for anyone thinking of ordering one!

4. nwillitts

ordered 4-thanks.

5. phantomflyer

Nice, Where do you live? I'm in NH maybe you'll get yours before me. Let me know how they work out for ya..

6. Bunger

I almost just pulled the trigger on these and decided to wait for you review. :)

7. Driffill

I'm Interested to see how they perform, take note of how much mah goes back into the battery when charging.

8. phantomflyer

Will do, I just bought a battery tester that should be here the same day if not sooner so I will post all stats on it from flight time as well as the battery readings! I have good hopes for this battery seeming how it's coming from a US company that deals in RC racing parts and has good feedback. Just from the reviews they seem to be a reputable business plus like I said they're local which is a big plus on not having to wait weeks for it to get here from Hong Kong!!

9. len750

What type of battery tester do you recommend and / or did you buy?

10. phantomflyer

This is the one I bought, It has an alarm so I'll know when my battery is getting low in flight! I'm still fairly new at this so I'm not sure if this will be the one to recommend but it seems to be the one I need as I want to hear the buzzer through my Fat Shark goggles!!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/300893512388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

11. OI Photography

I've tried several, but so far this one has been my favorite: http://www.buddyrc.com/3-in-1-battery-c ... arger.html

I've found it's very convenient to have a balancer/discharger separate from my main charger. I check my batts as soon as I land, and then again 5 min later, and if I find a cell out of balance by more than .07v I re-balance immediately in the field.

Adding a current sensor to the aircraft (via OSD or telemetry system) will also help you see exactly what kind of load you're putting on the batt in real-time.

12. nwillitts

i live in Alexandria,VA.
    i will let you know how they are.

13. Dtacmed

14. nwillitts

was shipped USPS yesterday-monday.

15. Firestat

Got one coming. It will be interesting to compare to the Phantom OEM. Even if we get just a couple of minutes longer, I'll be happy.

16. nwillitts

got the 4 batts today,put on balance charger,all cells are within specs,batts charged up to 1284 mah,and cells balanced out at 4.20 each.
    nice batts.
    will fly with them hopefully on Sunday,weather permitting.

17. phantomflyer

Same here mine are on charger and will be testing the cells shortly though I'm sure they'll check out fine. Will be taking it out to try it at some point today :D I'll let you know what I'm getting for flight time!!

18. ElGuano

Looking forward to the results. If it's not too much trouble can you include cell voltages at rest immediately after flight and 5 minutes afterwards? It'd also be great to know what capacity they recharge to after a drain to 10.8-11.0v (again at rest).

19. havasuphoto

Yea, ditto. I've noticed when I check mine 5 minutes after a flight-the voltage had gone up a little.

Did someone report the weight of these batteries Vs. the DJI Phantom batteries? If not, can someone?
    I also have a bunch of 2200mah Zippy batteries I got from hobby king(USA warehouse)...for $11 they work great. But, I think they may be a few grams heavier, because the battery cable is a bit longer.

OH, also report on how easy/hard they are to fit into the Phantom?? I know with the Zippy's, it's gonna be a fight to get all the cords in to close the battery door.
    Thanks

20. nwillitts

original p1 batt weighs 170.5g. the new ones weigh 194g.