Never updated firmware

Reaction score
Would anyone here recommended I update the firmware on the RC? I've never done the fw update due to the high volume of people claiming its better if you dont... But for someone like me who never has since purchasing, should I? I've had some weird compass issues and I wonder if this could be a fw problem

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you're going to update the firmware, you should update it on the Phantom, remote controller, and batteries (as needed). You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

I usually update firmware reguarly but wait about a week to see if many are having issues....whats your current firmware if you have never updated?

I updated my firmware on my Phantom 3 pro 4k....not two weeks later I found out my wife had been cheating on me with my cat and she filed for divorce _THE_ SAME DAY! Coincidence? You tell me.

No more firmware updates for me.

On a more serious note I wiped an sd card and loaded the .bin file onto it. After updating the remote controller (make sure the app on ur phone itself is current) i left the transmitter off entirely. Using the drone only, plugged the sd card in, turned the drone on then waited until the light on the cam went solid green (it took like 30 minutes.) it flew fine before, and flew slightly better after.

Hovered a little bit better...that was about it. Wasn't worth updating imho. I got lucky-it didn't break anything, but with.90 if it does break anything you're basically up Farts' creek without a paddle because with this release, you can't roll back to older firmware

Like what you said "Mmm Anarchy" I am hoping it would maybe enhance its performance a little bit, fly a little better. Dont get me wrong it flies great, but I've seen it behave kinda off tilt

how can you tell which version firmware i have? now i feel noobish
Firmware versions are listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of the GO app.
You'll see versions for the AC, RC, and the app if your AC is connected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31