Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Never Update Firmware?

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by BigHorny, Jan 10, 2016.

1. BigHorny

I see all of the message about problems with firmware updates. I'm an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda guy. Anyone else ignoring firmware updates?

2. fordruid

My theory is that if ain't broke, why would DJI go to the trouble of fixing it.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

I'm with you. I always install firmware updates after a few days -- just to make sure there aren't any major bugs.

4. BigHorny

Because it seems some of what they are "fixing" changes the way it operates. The cold weather battery update cane with reports of slower birds. The previous update came with reports of reduced range.

5. Timritchieblue

I havent installed the newest upgrade. I dont have cold weather issuse. Too many peeps have had issuse with the last upgrade. Mine flys fine.

BigHorny likes this.
  6. PJ Orlando

I upgrade within a few days. I do consult these threads before upgrading and there are some beta testers on here. Currently I'm testing 1.7 and the geo-fencing softwear. The only thing I've noticed is calibration may have a bug of I must try twice. Other than that its smooth sailing so far.

7. BigHorny

You're making my point..."Other than this new problem that wasn't a problem before, there's no problem."

8. PJ Orlando

One I said "may". Two this is a beta release and not a final firmwear. So, I can't see that you point was made in this instance. However, I understand you being cautious, to each their own.