Neutral density filter is stuck

Reaction score
I screwed on my neutral density filter yesterday as normal, the rubber ring was seated properly and I didn't tighten it that tight I believe. But for some reason I have applied pretty good pressure to unscrew the ND filter with no success. Any suggestions on removing it?

Try wearing latex gloves and a very light touch with the bird upside down

Try a four point grip, as it is easily deformed and when pinched in, will not move.
One of aluminum's bad points.

rubber band...this spreads and evenly grips the lens..

Jar opener.jpg
I screwed on my neutral density filter yesterday as normal, the rubber ring was seated properly and I didn't tighten it that tight I believe. But for some reason I have applied pretty good pressure to unscrew the ND filter with no success. Any suggestions on removing it?
I had to remove the original lens. It was on so tight, I tried everything. Finally, I discovered this jar opener and it worked like a champ.
Phil

Filters on SLR camera lenses do the same thing. The harder you grip and try to turn, the less likely you are to be able to budge it. It feels like it's on tight, but you are just squeezing the threads onto the lens threads, locking it up. Seems odd, but a light touch often spins it right off. Sounds like yours might have actually been on tight, something you never want to do if you can help it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik