Network set up issues

Reaction score
Hi Guys! After hours of reading and watching videos, I am trying to get through the network setup. I have downloaded the app to my phone (Galaxy note 3). I powered up the range extender, the TX, and the PV. According to the Collin Guinn tutorial video, he said that the phantom network should show up as phantom 1_xxxxx. However when I looked for that to pop up on my phone, instead I see a network called phantom_6026e7 and no other phantom network. Collin was very specific in that the network you want should start with a "1". I also remember reading something about the possibility of 2 phantom networks showing up and that one was for the camera and you wanted to avoid that one like the plague as dire consequences could occur if you connected to that one. So, I was reluctant to click on the one that started with a "6". Any advice?

Also, with everything powered up, when I picked up the PV, the camera moved up and down of it's own accord a couple of times. The system light on the range extender flickers on and off sort of randomly. Should that stay a solid green?

Finally, at some point, with everything powered up, the transmitter started beeping once every 4 or 5 seconds. What's it trying to tell me? Batteries are new.

So, I haven't made it very far here. ANY help and advice will be appreciated!

Knighthawk said:
However when I looked for that to pop up on my phone, instead I see a network called phantom_6026e7 and no other phantom network.

The Phantom_6xxxx network is the one you want, that's what I use. Don't know why/when the number changed, but lots of us have 6 instead of 1.

When I first connected to the WiFi on my Vision2 the address was 600-xxxxx. I worked just fine with that address.
They need to update the video or clarify.

Knighthawk said:
Also, with everything powered up, when I picked up the PV, the camera moved up and down of it's own accord a couple of times. The system light on the range extender flickers on and off sort of randomly. Should that stay a solid green?

The camera is stabilised somewhat on the tilt axis. It should move counter to your moving the aircraft - tilt the nose down and the servo will move the camera up a little to try and keep it pointing broadly where it was. This is normal.

Finally, at some point, with everything powered up, the transmitter started beeping once every 4 or 5 seconds. What's it trying to tell me? Batteries are new.

After an amount of time with no input the tx beeps to remind you you've left it on in case you thought you'd switched it off. Easy to do if you've got the aircraft on and the tx on and are tinkering around with the settings in the Assistant for a while...

Thanks, guys! You have answered all my questions! Everything seems to be working fine and my next step is calibration. I'll have to hop in the car and find a spot away from here - too close to cell and TV towers

Thanks again for the tech support!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31