network and battery issues

Reaction score
I can not connect to the network. my iPhone picks up the network but for some reason I can't join it. Also I put a fully charged battery in my drone and it won't fire up. please help! I am out in the middle of the desert and I want to get sime cool shots

w36x399 said:
I can not connect to the network. my iPhone picks up the network but for some reason I can't join it. Also I put a fully charged battery in my drone and it won't fire up. please help! I am out in the middle of the desert and I want to get sime cool shots

What does "won't fire up" mean? Are there any lights flashing?

w36x399 said:
no lights flashing

Assume you've tried different batteries?

Ok, it sounds like you have a battery issue.
Since you can join the Phantom network, I'll assume that the Phantom turns on, the ESC's beep, etc.

1. Does your Phantom turn on and beep/lights flash?
2. If not, are you turning on the battery correctly by pressing it once and releasing, than immediately pressing again and holding?

3. Assuming you past the Noob stage and can turn it on..... then the Phantoms lights are flashing. What color and sequence are they flashing? If nothing, and your battery is on... your Phantom is very broken. Return to DJI

DrJoe said:
Ok, it sounds like you have a battery issue.
Since you can join the Phantom network, I'll assume that the Phantom turns on, the ESC's beep, etc.

1. Does your Phantom turn on and beep/lights flash?
2. If not, are you turning on the battery correctly by pressing it once and releasing, than immediately pressing again and holding?

3. Assuming you past the Noob stage and can turn it on..... then the Phantoms lights are flashing. What color and sequence are they flashing? If nothing, and your battery is on... your Phantom is very broken. Return to DJI

He said he can't join the network and gets nothing when he connects the battery which is why I asked if he'd tried another battery.

I cleaned the battery posts in the unit as well as the battery terminals, it worked!!
The network issue either I resolved it, or it resolved itself.
Thanks for all the replies.

Congrats on resolving it.
You keep an eye on the battery status in flight. Maybe do some low altitude hovers just to make sure the contacts are good.
The contacts are very large and should definitely work unless you have large chunks of rust on it. I don't see how cleaning it fixed it. Could it be the 2 smaller contacts that relays data to phantom?

I don't know how you picked up the network without the phantom being on?
You can only pick it up if you knew what the Phantoms hidden SSID.
I had always thought the repeater cant transmit unless the phantom starts broadcasting the wifi signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20