Neighbor threatened to kill me for flying my phantom...

And surprisingly the right to bear arms was an English common law tradition that was passed into the US Constitution - a while ago though! So at least you know who to thank.

FIFY. :D

Reactions: MrGoodwreck
Wow crazy people! Sounds like a few posters in this thread would act with the same craziness as the couple in the truck if they weren't drone owners themselves or will whip out their concealed weapons. I can see a few shootouts happening over drones if some of you don't relax and be the better mentally stable person.
My mind is boggled at the insanity of it all.
Your imagination and emotions are getting the better of you. The "loons" are few and far between, such as the one who is the subject of this thread. The majority are law-abiding citizens.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: RyanK
Your imagination and emotions are getting the better of you. The "loons" are few and far between, such as the one who is the subject of this thread. The majority are law-abiding citizens.
It's not imagination or my emotions
When there are people posting in this thread
"Prefer to tuck a Sig 938 with HSTs for the off chance Mr. and Mrs. Worst Case Scenario rear their ugly head and try to lynch me and stomp my drone."
listen it's no skin off my arse if a couple of loons over there shoot each other over a toy, all I'm saying is I hope any of you holding a concealed weapon will have the sense to use your mouth first to try diffuse any situation or simply just walk away rather than resorting to pulling out your weapon. It's nice we don't have to worry about crap like that in this part of the world and we can concentrate on enjoying our flying.

"Prefer to tuck a Sig 938 with HSTs for the off chance Mr. and Mrs. Worst Case Scenario rear their ugly head and try to lynch me and stomp my drone."
listen it's no skin off my arse if a couple of loons over there shoot each other over a toy, all I'm saying is I hope any of you holding a concealed weapon will have the sense to use your mouth first to try diffuse any situation or simply just walk away rather than resorting to pulling out your weapon. It's nice we don't have to worry about crap like that in this part of the world and we can concentrate on enjoying our flying.
A smart person "always" tries to avoid conflict, by every means possible. It's always preferable to walk away than to escalate the situation.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Back on topic...

I've had a few incidents but nothing on this scale. I am amazed how many people feel so self-important that they immediately assume any drone that flies past can only be there to spy on them. Every once in a while, when someone asks if I am spying on them, I'll say yes and tell them about the KGB defector we're debriefing in a safe house nearby:

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Probably what I would do if it appeared from the start or any any point it appeared to escalate to something more then a polite conversation I'd just tell the person that it did not appear that the conversation or interaction was going anywhere so it might be best that the conversation not continue.

It's easy for people to feel big on the Internet and talk about having a shoot out but in the real world I doubt they would move it to that level, it's just people finding it easy to beat their chest.

Back on topic...

I've had a few incidents but nothing on this scale. I am amazed how many people feel so self-important that they immediately assume any drone that flies past can only be there to spy on them.

People associate the word "drone" with those military videos where you see a relative close-up of a truckload of terrorists in its crosshairs racing across the desert. Then, ka-boom!

Back on topic...

...I am amazed how many people feel so self-important that they immediately assume any drone that flies past can only be there to spy on them...

That can/could be equally rephrased as:

"I am amazed how many people feel so self-important that they immediately assume they can fly anywhere, anytime, they choose."

This one is easy

The man bought out a gun, he has deep issues that will self cure at hopefully not someone else's expense.

He is insane, it is also a reflection on many things that he could do such a terrible thing without understanding past the moment.

The OP was almost just killed by a whackjob but you think people should just lay down and die if someone brandishes a gun and threatens to take their life. Yeah, that's so altruistic man, you've really made a fool out of us cowboys for choosing to protect ourselves instead. Great play, now head on back to wonderland!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik