Neighbor threatened to kill me for flying my phantom...

Looks like these people have something to hide...maybe tell the police to do a search of their property?

And body cavities too. No telling what they're hiding.

It would seem, from your story, that the wife, was the instigator for all of this. What I am wandering as most others are, is, what were they doing or have done, that they are so scared of others finding out that they have to resort to taking a threatening posture. Unless your a clinically diagnosed Paranoid, their actions are totally out of line and fulfill the definition of "Terroristic Threatening" towards you and everyone else in your company. Law enforcement would be well advised to look into this couple closely and from their actions, seek a search warrant based upon probable cause to completely search their entire property, both above and below ground. Buried Bodies? Who Knows?, stranger things have happened, especially, in Southern California.

ROFLMFAO. Best thread ever.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I conceal carry and wear a Gopro every time I fly just because of situations like this.

This is crazy indeed I live in Socal and never have I heard of anyone threatening a drone operator. I live next to a army vet with PTSD and also a police officer on the other side and never have they said anything to me about flying my drone other than they want to fly it.

That's Nuts!! Of all the reasons I thought about a CWP, flying the Phantom wasn't one of them... Perhaps I should reconsider..

Guns in California?? Thought that was frowned upon.

And being from SoCal myself where every city has a police helicopter... They get upset with a quad copter...

Remember folks... calling a quad copter a drone is like calling an AR15 an assault weapon... Sound more sinister.

I had a similar, though less (much less) violent encounter with an angry old man recently. They guy reminded me of Jeff Dunham's "Walter," if that paints a picture for you. As I was trying to hurry and land to get away from him, he was pushing past me to try and write down my license plate number. Once I had landed and was packing up, he was yelling at me telling me was going to call the police. I asked him if he got my plate number, and when he said Yes. I asked him if he'd like my name and phone number as well. (He did.) I asked him if he was going to call the Police. (He was.) I then asked him if he would like the Police Chief's cell number, having gotten it from him a week or two earlier when the Chief called and asked me to fly my drone to help him see into a backyard where there was a crazy person with a gun.

I thought that would shut him up. Nonetheless, I texted the Chief once I left to give him a head's up. He wasn't impressed.

But at least my dummy didn't have a steak knife or gun. Geez, People are crazy.

Had a Russian woman accuse me of being a spy and would come back with a shotgun. Night flight over 300'. Don't know how she heard it. But you do have to land. Take off is optional, landing is not.

Guns in the "Love Box"
That's where I store, appertifs, condoms, some spare change, and a bottle of Aqua Velva aftershave... For medicinal purposes only, Yeah I promises.
I swears! Way too much...

Never carry an arsenal, unless hunting and fishing...

I hope this is the last time, we hear of violent offenders and Phantom Pilots clashing...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I was told you can always tell who the ARFCOM Veteran Members were... the one's that made a donation and then got banned 15 minutes later after the paypal payment cleared.

Reactions: MrGoodwreck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic