Neewer ND filters, problem or not ?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I`ve just received Neewer ND filters bought from ebay.co.uk . It`s for inspire 1 but has adaptor for P3S.
First look - great build quality, works as it says. Fits very well, no gaps. Adaptor has 2 screws with plastic bottom to secure it on camera.

However I noticed a small problem, which I think can grow to big problem...
Filter ring is made of metal (its steel i think), and a bit heavy for gimbal. I turned on my drone for 3 minutes and checked the gimbal, and the part which rolls camera up and down was hot (see picture below with marked part).
After 2 more minutes it become so burning hot I could not touch it with my finger.

I wonder if any of you guys own set like this and can confirm I will not do damage to gimbal?

Hi, I had a similar problem with a Neewer adapter for 37mm filters. The gimbal went too hot and ultimately couldn't hold the extra weight. I solved with home made counterweights and now it is ok.
I suggest you to do the same since the gimbal works best when the system is balanced. I don't know if you risk to permanently damage the gimbal but personally I wouldn't stay with a hot motor...

I can't see the photos. It's just me?

Can you post the results and photos of the counterweights?

I can't see the photos. It's just me?

Can you post the results and photos of the counterweights?

I have not decided what to use for counter weights, but I`ve already have calculation results.

1. If I use adaptor ring + ND16 filter I will need 15 grams counterweight at the other side of the camera.
2. If I use adaptor ring + switchable from ND2 to ND400 filter (which is a bit heaver than ND16) I will need 23 grams of counter weight.

Does anyone have experience with switchable filter? Any issues ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan