Neewer Lens Protector - Gimbal Holder ?

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these ?

I've tried Amazon (won't ship to Australia)

Found a couple on Ebay but the postage is around $35.00

Tried Banggood. They don't have them.

Any ideas please ?

Do you mean one of these?

Neewer® for DJI Phantom 3 Standard, Professional: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

If so, it's not very good. You're better to use the original gimbal clamp as it holds and supports the gimbal properly. It's a faff to use it initially, but with practice you can get it in place in seconds, and then use a separate lens cap. I've travelled a lot with ours and it's never come loose.

Thanks Numone,

Yes, that's the one.

I'll give the original one another go.

It's like trying to work out one of those Chinese puzzles to me !:)

Thanks Numone,

Yes, that's the one.

I'll give the original one another go.

It's like trying to work out one of those Chinese puzzles to me !:)
Yeah, do. It is frustrating, but it's very well made and once you get the hang of it you'll realise how good it is.

Yeah, do. It is frustrating, but it's very well made and once you get the hang of it you'll realise how good it is.
Once mounted properly, or before removal, draw arrows and labels of front and back and left and right and top and bottom with a thin black permanent marker on the clear plastic, to make it easier. That's what I had to do! :cool: The newer gimbal protector, used exclusively on the P4/P4P, is much easier and more obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I got this through aliexpress and it is ok. I performed a little change.Other proposals.

Attachments

• DSC_1119.JPG
    DSC_1119.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-10-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-10-33.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 409
  • Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-10-06.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-10-06.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 423
  • Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-09-02.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-09-02.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 469
You have to remove the protrusion. I'll grind. It is plastic. Easy to work with. P3S compatible.

Attachments

• sketch-1487932361612.png
    sketch-1487932361612.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 383
I tried multiple gimbal protector alternatives to the original, and always found that the mounting or removal of each required so much pressure that damage to the delicate gimbal was almost assured with repeated use. The stock gimbal protector, once properly inserted, slides out easily, with no stress at all to the gimbal. It's worth learning to use it properly.:cool:

I tried multiple gimbal protector alternatives to the original, and always found that the mounting or removal of each required so much pressure that damage to the delicate gimbal was almost assured with repeated use. The stock gimbal protector, once properly inserted, slides out easily, with no stress at all to the gimbal. It's worth learning to use it properly.:cool:
I have the opposite opinion.

Especially outside is horrible manipulation of the original holder. It has more friction surfaces = more power to deploy =more pressure on the gimbal.

Last edited:
Especially outside is horrible manipulation of the original holder. It has more friction surfaces = more power to deploy.
It has more surfaces, but they are smooth, and not based upon forcing a piece of plastic over the lens, but underneath the lens. Each to their own. :cool: The hardest part for me originally was figuring out how to get it back on in the correct orientation. Once you get that right, it does a really good job.

I have and use the Neewar lens cap/gimbal protector you are talking about and it works great! Fits perfectly, easy to put on and protects the gimbal. What more can you ask for!

I have and use the Neewar lens cap/gimbal protector you are talking about and it works great! Fits perfectly, easy to put on and protects the gimbal. What more can you ask for!

I can't ask for anything more but; 'Where d'ya get it' ?

The only places I can find want over $35 shipping. The item itself is only a few $$$.

Oh s..t 12$a piece of plastic.Production cost is $ 0.5. rather small.Prices of Chinese e shop close to reality.Free shiping like bonus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen