Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Neewer Gimbal install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosmonaut, May 20, 2014.

1. cosmonaut

I just picked one of these up and the install instructions tell me nothing. Can anyone link me to a YouTube install or a diagram? Thanks any help appreciated.

2. QYV

QYV

aw come on man... I'm not that guy that just responds to newbie threads with "look it up" but all you're doing here is asking us to do a search and create a link when you could easily just do a youtube search yourself. searching "phantom 2 h3-3d install" yields this official DJI video. You'll find folks around here a tad more helpful (and avoid the "just look it up noob" jerks) if you at least appear to have been proactive on your own first ;)

3. cosmonaut

I searched YouTube and I couldn't find it, sorry. But then I was searching Neewer Gimbal, my bad. But a million thanks.

4. QYV

QYV

hm you know what, I deserve to eat some crow. I thought you were just misspelling "newer gimbal" meaning the h3-3d, but I see now that Neweer is an actual product so I apologize for the condescending speech

5. cosmonaut

That's ok. I have no instructions to speak of. Other than pictured I do have a power cable. Here is what I am working with. I am a photographer if you ever need some advise let me know.....
    http://www.gregmccary.com

I see connections marked on the bottom side of the PC board.
    FC roll
    FC pitch
    RX roll
    RX pitch
    Plus a few others. Just what do I need to connect to make it work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cosmonaut

Well I figured it out. Just mount it level and apply power. I was thinking the wires had to go inside the FC40 but I guess that is only if I want to PTZ remotely.
    So now I am set. I have the video downlink and gimbal working. I am going to try a Nikon J1 as Beach Camera has refubs for $169.00 and they have better image quality that the GoPro with no distortion and it's the smallest mirrorless camera on the market. The J1 also has many more features. Time Lapse, slow mo and up to 60 FPS. If it don't work I still got a cool camera.

http://camerasize.com/compare/#124,526

7. cosmonaut

For those interested this is very close to what I have. I think now I see what's going on. The pitch is controlled by three wires. The signal comes from the pot mounted in the transmitter and then to the drone and then threes wire go from the drone to the pitch controls on the gimbal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPaIFZFije8