Neewer Gimbal Install Error

Reaction score
Just installed my cheap Neewer gimbal on my FC40 and it's kind of freaking out a bit. I wired the power to the auxiliary power (red = VCC[pos] and grey=GND[neg]). I wired up the pitch and roll control as illustrated in the pics below but I just wanted to hook up the power first and take the other bits in baby steps. Well when I power it up it sort of freaks out, turns all over the place but then it appears to steady out, but it has a nasty vibration. It will adjust to pitch and roll but still vibrates like hell. Hope the video I'm going to try and attach shows this.

Any suggestions?

http://youtu.be/BMNhCzyx5kE

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425229744.376779.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425229744.376779.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 400
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425229757.226562.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425229757.226562.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 502
I can't quite make out your pics. I'm old and me eyes be tired.
The video, I watched a few times.

It looks like we have similar gimbals. I frequently fly from rough terrain and I have noticed everything irritates the gimbal.
It's a balancing act and the gimbal cannot overpower 2 blades of grass in its attempt to balance the GoPro.

Try elevating your bird so the gimbal is NOT touching any surface, even the carpet.
Those wires under the camera mount are dragging and throwing the gimbal out of whack.

Check all the spaghetti, that makes up the wires to various parts of the gimbal assembly.
If any of them are restricting movement, that will cause the gimbal to freak.

You may want to power it up and once it has settled as much as it can, pick up your bird and move it all around.
It's possible there is just some piece of crap in one of the motors that needs to kick out.

Maybe it's scared of the wife who slams doors... :lol:
Me make funny ha ha.

I can't tell. Is that a GoPro camera? Most gimbals are calibrated for the GoPro camera. Find the weight of your camera in grams and see if the weight is correct for the GoPro. If it is NOT a GoPro camera, then add some extra weight to make the camera the same weight at the GoPro. Also, like the other man said, the carpet could be causing problems along with the wiring. Try it again on a table where there is no obstruction for the gimbal movement. You might think about getting taller landing gear.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=35301

Check out my problems. The buzzing is easy. The rest is probably trying different setting. I've been fooling around for 2 evenings trying to get it right.

Btw I've given the motors more power (2v to 6v) and it's now way more resistant against cables and the weight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan