Reaction score
I recently bought a phantom 3 pro and I love the thing. I held off on a drone forever and it seemed like the right time when the phantom 3 lineup came out. I bought the professional. The 4k is awesome because I edit on a 1080 timeline so I can clearly zoom in on a shot and it doesn't get pixelated. Otherwise, I am fine with shooting at 1080 for all my needs.

Unfortunately after only a month and a half after flying the thing, the compass started freaking out and would no longer calibrate. I tried everything you can imagine including latest firmware upgrade and calibrating IMU. I got a hold of DJI on the phone (they were great despite everything I've read people complaining about), and I sent it down to southern california to have them fix it. It was explained to me that most likely it will be free of charge since it was so new and was never crashed... But still a bummer because I needed it for work (weddings, real-estate, etc..)

Here's my question:

If I were to get a backup drone, what should it be? I'm torn between standard and advanced.

I will need one during the time mine is getting repaired ( could be 8 weeks?!), as well as if something happens again in the future. Plus I need an extra battery anyways haha...

It depends on your needs. You can compare the different Phantoms here.

thanks for the reply. I've looked at the specs and wonder if I am used to the remote and functionality of the pro, will the newer remote control be hard to use? Also I noticed that the standard's sensor is a panasonic rather than the sony

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers