Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Needing advice on my batteries.

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by imadago, Aug 17, 2015.

1. imadago

My P3P has been in DJI's service dept. for 8 weeks now. I have three batteries at home that have not been used since my P3 is in for service. They were fully charged when I last used them 8 weeks ago. I'm wondering if I did the wrong thing by letting them sit unattended?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

They will auto discharge to a safe storage level after 10 days. Just don't press the button on the top. That resets the 10-day period. It's okay to store them in that state for a few months. After about 3 months, it's a good idea to fully charge them and use them at least once.

3. bobmyers

The should be ok, even if you didn't set the discharge days, the will start to discharge after 10 days -- they are designed to discharge to storage capacity.

4. N017RW

Check the levels. After 8 weeks resetting the 'timer' by checking is not an issue.

5. imadago

OK. All good advice. The manual says to store at 40 -50% for long periods. It doesn't spell out what a long period is but I would think over two months could be considered a long period. Another question, how would I reduce the percentage (discharge) without putting the batterie(s) under load.

6. Joao Carlos

Good question. No answer here unfortunately, but I wonder if leaving them on will deplete them.