Needed part

Reaction score
I need to buy more anti-drop screws for the Zenmuse H3-2D. 3 of mine fell out and i only had one extra :( Now i know to do a pre flight check. I called DJI and they hung up on me and i could not get them back on the line. They pretty much have the worst customer service i have ever encountered. Thank you for the help

I don't have my phantom with me so I can't look at it, but couldn't you just use loose zip ties to achieve the same safety feature ?

I read on this forum about people losing the anti-drop screws and the gimbal potentially dropping so the next time before I flew I double checked the anti drop screws were tight and I added some loose zip ties between the 2 pieces of the gimbal frame.

The part I don't know without having the phantom infront of me is whether the anti drop screws are actually under any load at all ? or whether the load and weight of the gimbal is carried by the 4 rubber mounts and the anti drop screws are only there in case one or more of the rubber mounts actually fails?

don't waste the money on the screws. get some tiny zip ties like he said and use them. a pack of 100 from harbor freight is like $3

SARC said:
The part I don't know without having the phantom infront of me is whether the anti drop screws are actually under any load at all ? or whether the load and weight of the gimbal is carried by the 4 rubber mounts and the anti drop screws are only there in case one or more of the rubber mounts actually fails?

They are not under any load in "normal" configuration, only if the isolators pop out of their grooves.

+1 for using zip ties as replacements, just make sure to leave them loose so that they don't defeat the purpose of the isolators.

Great ! Looks like we're aligned. Zip ties it is then. And I can get them in funky colours too, woo hoo !

I have the exact same problem. That gimbal sure isnt build to take any kind of beating. I only have 2 screws and 3 nuts remaining after a couple crashes. The bottom bracket for my p2 zenmuse is practically destroyed. I had to bend it back and JB Weld some points that had cracked. If I have any more crashes that thing is toast. Anyone found a replacement for the bottom bracket? Im really glad I found this thread and got the zip tie idea for the anti-drop screws. Such a simple alternative, and here I was thinking I wasnt going to be able to fly with the gopro until DJI finally had replacement parts available. With zip ties, I'll be up and flying again as soon as new props come!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl