Need wifi module.

These are tough to find brand new (at a reasonable price). You can buy a used module on Amazon or on eBay.

It might be the only option if you're not able to find a new module.

It might be the only option if you're not able to find a new module.
True.
Eventually all p2v's will face this problem.
Most firms would continue to provide parts even after introduction of a new model. DJI not so much.
Thanks singer, I appreciate your insight.
HD

Don't waste your money on a used one. Here's one for the going price of 189.00, before you buy, contact them and make sure it's the new perforated model and that it's in the factory packaging.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Wi Fi Signal Transmission Module | eBay
I just bought one from Helipal dot com in China, 189.00, 5 shipping, got it in about 10 days.
There's one on ebay for 200.00, but I'm pretty sure it was sold once and returned to the guy as defective. Make sure you get sealed factory pkg.

No - depending on how bad it is, doing the arctic silver heat sink treatment to it might get you to the point where you can use it at 320 setting, not likely 640, depends on how bad it is. Generally speaking, can't fix it.

No - depending on how bad it is, doing the arctic silver heat sink treatment to it might get you to the point where you can use it at 320 setting, not likely 640, depends on how bad it is. Generally speaking, can't fix it.
Just askn', do you have microscope? I've heard one's required to reinstall those tiny components.
I used to mess around with micro helicopters. Their pcb's were often screwed up as a result of crashes. No matter how severe the damage, there were guys who could fix 'em.

Prevention is best. Artic Silver mod on all modules when brand new. The white seamen paste DJI uses doesn't dissipate heat very well...

I have a spare/backup v2 non-perforated wifi module and prebinded to a spare RE700. Its got the artic silver mod, never boosted or wifi file transferred and does average of 700m @ 640x480 @ 30FPS and 850m @ 15FPS (100m altitude).

The only problem is that I'm scared that my perforated main unit may die and these become units become rare and pricey...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers