Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

need to upgrade transmitter

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by snowbird, Jan 29, 2014.

1. snowbird

I just got my new vision and I need some info on how to upgrade the remote. From what I understand I need to remove the back of the remote and plug in the micro cable but I am not sure what software to down load or where to get it. Is there any you tube videos I can view for the help? Or I am hoping that some one can give me some helpful tips here.

Thanks RS

2. pinfish

Why do you think you need to update? DJI hasn't done an update on the TX for quite sometime. If you just got it chances are it is already up to date.

3. snowbird

Did not know that, been watching to many you tube videos. Thought I had seen someone talking about it on this site.

4. Pull_Up

Early models had a firmware update to improve CE mode range, that required a transmitter update and a receiver update on the aircraft. Later models have had this applied from the factory. Early adopters had to take the thing apart and apply the update (we mostly escaped unscathed).

5. happydays

If you plug your Phantom into the Naza assistant it will tell you what updates there are.

6. snowbird

thanks to all everyone has been a lot of help