Need to settle this once and for all!!!!!!

Reaction score
Gahhhh! This has been killing me!

I can't decide between the V2+ or
Building a P2 with a HD-3D and a FPV kit...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GYBK1T ... SX200_QL40

This is the FPV kit I'm looking at.

After all is said and done, it ends up being the same. I just don't know a single thing about these crazy witchcraft flying machines and don't want to "hack" it. If anyone knows anything about that fpv kit, or can suggest a plug and play FPV kit under $400 pleaseeeee speak up.

I like having the better video from the GOPRO but love the simplicity of the V2+

Defenitally go with the Gopro/gimbal/fpv setup. You could get the N2, but you will never have the quality of the gopro. Trust me when i say, it is absolutely amazing how cinematic and beautiful the Gopro option is. you wont believe that you took the shots you took. As far as simplicity goes. The gopro/gimbal/fpv setup is only a matter of plugging something inside the phantom. there are tons of video tutorials online on how to take it apart and how to add the control. I added a link below with my video that i took just after getting the gimbal and gopro. even though the N2 is 1080p it wont have the quality. Keep in mind that without the gopro, my setup only cost $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXdHMIctxA

drakeskakes said:

After all is said and done, it ends up being the same. I just don't know a single thing about these crazy witchcraft flying machines and don't want to "hack" it. If anyone knows anything about that fpv kit, or can suggest a plug and play FPV kit under $400 pleaseeeee speak up.

I like having the better video from the GOPRO but love the simplicity of the V2+

it sucks. i bought it and the reception is horrible. there are better options out there. this is a better option...

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproduct ... D+Monitors

their website is weird, follow the link and scroll down until you see this...

FlySight RC801 Black Pearl Matte 7" w/ dual diversity receiver with Battery / 200mw TX 5802 / Cloverleaf
sku: FLYSIGHT-RC801B-PIN-C1

Well Amazon JUST posted a RTF P2 w/ Zenmuse HD-3D

Yes....3D for 869.99 with PRIME and no tax. This decision just got way easier

drakeskakes said:

I agree with everyone else that setup correctly the P2 & H3-3D are a superior product for quality of footage. BUT - just be aware that the H3-3D and additional FPV equipment have a lot of moving parts. See my post about the jello problems I am having with my new P2 and H3-3D. You will have to tinker with it and it takes time to get everything set up.

If you are wanting some good footage and aren't a film buff to notice a big difference, you can't beat the simplicity of the P2V+. But if you really are concerned about the best quality and don't mind spending some time, go with the H3-3D combo.

"Amazing" and "cinematic" and "beautiful" are not words I'd use. There is a place for the GoPro in tv production but I would reserve those descriptions for well-shot footage from the Epic Dragon or the like.

Jacobrichards91 said:
Defenitally go with the Gopro/gimbal/fpv setup. You could get the N2, but you will never have the quality of the gopro. Trust me when i say, it is absolutely amazing how cinematic and beautiful the Gopro option is. you wont believe that you took the shots you took. As far as simplicity goes. The gopro/gimbal/fpv setup is only a matter of plugging something inside the phantom. there are tons of video tutorials online on how to take it apart and how to add the control. I added a link below with my video that i took just after getting the gimbal and gopro. even though the N2 is 1080p it wont have the quality. Keep in mind that without the gopro, my setup only cost $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXdHMIctxA

I own a P2 with the z2 gimbal. comparing that to the P2V ... hands down the P2z is a better choice.

Honestly that changed with the P2V+. The Gap is sooooo close now between features of the P2z3 vs P2V+.

P2z3
1) Much better camera (Marginally for average person). Unless you are going to use higher resolutions, ProScan and Post-Process, then this option doesn't make too much of a difference.
2) GoPro Camera that you can use stand alone... but i'm finding out that I am pretty much dedicating my GoPro to my Phantom so i'm buying a GoPro 3+ silver or GoPro 3 Black so i can free up my 3+ black for other than aerial video.
3) Separate 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz frequencies for video and flight control. You can tweak range and quality with more options. More range out of the box 2.4 Ghz.

P2V+
1) Out of the box camera rivals GoPro at 1080p resolutions.
2) No need to buy additional camera FPV equipment works right out of the box.
3) Can activate camera for video or stills remotely
4) Can upload to Social Media immediately
5). Total investment less than p2z3

But doesnt the fpv the gopro all have their own battery?
Can you active video/photos from the fpv screen/system and what other settings? What is flight time with everything on the phantom 2?

borgqueenx said:
But doesnt the fpv the gopro all have their own battery?
Can you active video/photos from the fpv screen/system and what other settings? What is flight time with everything on the phantom 2?

Gopro has own battery but usually ties into the P2 Battery. No... you cannot activate the gopro remotely. you set up gopro ahead of time and press record. If you want to take pictures you have to set auto take pictures every 5 sec for instance... as if you are taking time lapse.

You can if you want attach a DVR to your monitor system to record but you are getting less resolution, i.e., you are recording whatever the screen sees and the resolution of the screen which is not the best. And that is more $$

That is a BIG selling point for a P2V+ in my opinion. the P2V+ you can start and stop and switch between video and still pictures remotely. The only thing that would prevent me right now is that fact that it's all on 5.8 Ghz and i wouldn't be all that legal extending the range past FCC mode. Range is much better with the P2 Non-vision. But I haven't really had the need to go that far. It's more of the fact that I can? LOL

I have been flying down to about 20% then landing to preserve my battery and i'm getting 15min +. I'm sure if i went all the way down i'd get 25-30min but I'm not doing that.

jodaddy23 said:
drakeskakes said:
Well Amazon JUST posted a RTF P2 w/ Zenmuse HD-3D

Yes....3D for 869.99 with PRIME and no tax. This decision just got way easier

links ?
It lasted less than 30 seconds, I got incredibly lucky I guess. I wonder if it was an error?
Good news is, if it doesn't show up as advertised, Amazon will make it right, with their great customer service

ScreenShot2014-04-24at120556AM_zps3131fd18.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik