Need to repair or replace gimbal

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom and during the impact the thin ribbon wire that controls the camera gimbal seems to have been damaged. The gimbal jerks around uncontrollably and I get a gimbal error message on my screen. I am wondering how easy it would be to replace this ribbon wire or how to replace the gimbal altogether. This is for the Phantom Vision 2 +

Any help is greatly appreciated.

johnwschmidt said:
I crashed my Phantom and during the impact the thin ribbon wire that controls the camera gimbal seems to have been damaged. The gimbal jerks around uncontrollably and I get a gimbal error message on my screen. I am wondering how easy it would be to replace this ribbon wire or how to replace the gimbal altogether. This is for the Phantom Vision 2 +

at this time your only option is to send it in for repair to dji
as no parts are available on the open market

skyhighdiver said:
johnwschmidt said:

at this time your only option is to send it in for repair to dji
as no parts are available on the open market

Expect to be without your new toy for the next 4-6 weeks......that should be motivation enough for others not to crash!

I can still use it, just can't control the gimbal. The camera mostly faces a good direction to get some nice footage, but at times it shakes. Do either of you know if the gimbal on the vision + has an after market equivalent? Or is it possible to put a different one on there altogether but use the camera it came with? Thanks for any help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik