Need to constantly adjust gimbal roll to correct horizon

Reaction score
I can compensate the horizon line with the gimbal roll, but I need to do it many times. I did not need to do this in my P3P. Is there something else to do, besides the Gimbal calibration procedure?

Try recalibrating the IMU. Some folks on here say the IMU does not effect camera/Gimbal calibration. However it does. I have corrected gimbal roll issues on many aircraft by just recalibrating the IMU. Just make sure your on a completely flat and level surface before calibration. Good luck.:cool:

If you do the IMU calibration, follow its completion with a gimbal calibration.
Also you may tweak the - or + roll setting. I use the on screen Grid lines to make sure everything is level with the world while it sets on my IMU table.

Reactions: Drone Master
hello i need your help my phantom 4 gimbal is not working it shakes and not get command from my rc i made imu calibration and try gimbal auto calibration but the gimbal auto calibration doesnt work it not get any command from rc. My phantom 4 dont show any errors or something but gimbal is not working i upload my videos to youtube link below:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks to be a gimbal motor and sensor issue. I would check the ribbon data cable for a tear as it is exposed more now than the P3 Series.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers